Sarcosine risk of cancer

Is it true sarcosine causes prostate cancer ?

Extract of examine. Com

It is unknown at this time if sarcosine supplementation is harmful. It may act as a co-carcinogen, meaning it doesn’t cause cancer, but increases the effects of other cancer-causing compounds.

Yes it have prostate cancer link. Even serotonin supplements have raised risk of heart valve issues.

If you want a safe alternative for sacrosine then try DMG or dimethylglycine. Compared with sacrosine N methylglycine it have double methyl groups.

Is there any risk to usé d-methyl glycine?
Had it sâme effects with sarcosine for cognitive improvement for example?
Is there any article on a website that says there are no risk of cancer? I want to be sur.
Sarcosine is the métabolite of d-methyl glycine so it’s related? So it had thé sâme risk of cancer isn’it?

DMG doesn’t contain any side effects like sacrosine

Webmd page https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-859/dimethylglycine-dmg

It reduces drowsiness, improves energy, mood etc. Reduces anxiety, depression too. Its effect is not so strong like sacrosine but works.

I found this in Wikipédia. I’m very worried…
( pangamic acid or diméthyl glycine)
It would bé carconigen.
Because in combination with nitrite sodium it’s mutagenic
What do you Think about it?

Its different from dmg

Dmg webmd page here

I personally don’t care if I get cancer when I am past 60 y.o. if this helps my negative and cognitive symptoms. I just turned 30 recently.

1 Like

Here is a study where this is the exact term of " dimethyl glycine "
Mutagenicity of dimethylglycine when mixed with nitrite: possible significance in human use of pangamates ( Colman )

DMG has a safe profile, see this video lecture.

Its not much stimulating when compared with sacrosine and TMG.

I want to agree with you.
But there is a study which said " Dimethyl glycine " is cancerigen ( when it is combined with nitrite )…
However another study said this study is not correct… It’s " Hoorn" ( 1989 ) who made this study.
Who is correct?

If there is some possible health risk then webmd page likely mention it. In youtube search lots of experts saying various benefits of DMG so likely its safe. Even zinc supplement is linked to prostate cancer risk though its a vital nutrient.

I’m very worried.
But if there is some benefits for my cognition and negative symptoms I wouldn’t hesitate …

Finally is sarcosine safer ?
Is sarcosine related to prostate cancer OR all the cancers?
Because there is chance ( 95 % ) to survive with prostate cancer.
What do you think about it ?
Also it acts like co-carcinogen .
What does it mean ??? ( pratically ? )
There are some reasons to have a cancer and this combination of factors creates the cancer or NO?

It means that if you have a predisposition to cancer e.g. if you have cancer genetics or maybe if you smoke, it might increase prostate cancer risk. But sarcosine by itself doesn’t cause cancer.

Is there any risk with prostate cancer or for ALL the cancers?

No its only for prostate cancer. There is no studies showing its for all cancers.

How can I know if I have a predisposition to cancer?
Is it not predictable ? A cancer is not predictable …

Does someone in your family have it?
Do you smoke?

Have you any sources to say that ? ( that it’s for prostate cancer )
I want to Believe you …

I Don’t know if I have some risk factors.
When a person has the cancer , it’s unpredictable, isn’t it ?
Perhaps I have a lot of risk factors which I Don’t know ( pollution , … )
No?

Wikipedia go read there about sarcosine and pollution doesn’t cause cancer unless its extreme or if you work with toxic chemicals.

You still didn’t answer my questions.