Safeway has their head up their azimuth

They’re driving my groceries in from Oakland. That’s about 35-40 miles away! I mean they canceled for some reason from my usual store across town so they assigned me to the store up in Oakland. I appreciate getting the groceries at all, but they make so many mistakes and do so many stupid things. They can go frack themselves. And take a flying leap over a cumulus.

2 Likes

We had Safeway about 20 years ago, they got taken over

2 Likes

I’ve never used a delivery service. Is it expensive? Are they at all accurate?

I useShipt, because you can select an option to contact you before making any substitutions. Plus, you can leave notes on each item you request, for instance for bananas you could say no brown please. But, they charge more so we usually don’t use it

1 Like

For a two hour window they charge $5.95 per delivery. For example 10:00 am - 12:pm, or 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm. For a one hour window its $9.95. For example 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm.

I buy two weeks of groceries at once and get the two hour window.

It’s pretty hit & miss. Usually there’s at least one or two substitutions. Not every time though. Sometimes they forget something. They’ve been pretty good about remembering everything about the last five deliveries. Some drivers have the annoying habit of leaving everything on the porch and just leaving without reaching me first. They’re supposed to call or knock on the door but some drivers don’t do it. And sometimes they don’t give you a receipt with a list of everything you bought.

If everything goes as it should, delivery is very convenient. Saves you a trip to the store and an hour shopping inside. But Safeway keeps finding new ways to make mistakes. Years ago it wasn’t like this; you could really depend on them.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m getting my hip done Thursday and that could just work for me! :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.