Restless Leg Syndrome

Does anyone else have RLS? What do you take for it?

Right now I use 750mg magnesium before bed, but it’s starting to not work as well. I used to take Mirapex, but then I was on Seroquel and they interacted weird and made neither work so I stopped taking it. My doctor now said since I had that reaction previously he’s not comfortable starting me in it again and I’d have to wait until our next appointment.

Help? I’ve tried to Google but I’m having a hard time reading and concentrating.

1 Like

Procyclidine?

It’s a side effects tablet.

Does it work well for you?

The RLS isn’t a side effect of meds. I’ve had it since I was a toddler.

1 Like

I’ve used ice packs for RLS and that has worked for me. They say heat works for some people.

1 Like

Do you just leave them on and replace them all night? How long does it last?

I used to do really hot baths and that helped, but only while I was in the bath.

Any dopamine agonist should help. Ask your doc for “Requip”

1 Like

Exercise can help to reduce it.

I have RLS…I don’t do anything for it…just keep on bouncing my legs !! done it my whole life.

How do you sleep, though? Mine gets so bad I feel like I can’t breathe when it gets up in my chest. Not doing anything isn’t really an option.

I take a sleep aid…trazadone 300 mg…puts me out…you must have it worse than me because I don’t shake my legs in bed.

I had RLS for many years. It’s a very common side effect. Also referred to as akathesia. Ask your doctor for propranolol. You can either take it as a deterrent to your side-effect or as needed, when you feel it coming on.

It’s not a side effect for me, I’ve had it since I was little. I’ve tried a side effect med before and it didn’t touch it.

Gabapentin seems to help with RLS also but after awhile u need to keep upping your dosage

1 Like

My doctor said that he prescribes Cloneazepam to his own father for RLS.

I already take that for insinuating and it doesn’t seem to make a difference for my rls. I wonder if it’s actually helping it just knocking him out so he doesn’t notice.

1 Like

Here’s a lot of info

https://www.webmd.com/brain/restless-legs-syndrome/restless-leg-syndrome-treatment

Maybe something in there might help.

1 Like

I tried reading that yesterday. Maybe I’ll try again. I know I’m being annoying turning everything down. I was just having a really hard time reading pages of information. Was hoping for a miracle.

1 Like

I get it from Seroquel about 2 hours after I’ve taken it at night. I just go to bed, since by that time the Seroquel will have made me pretty sleepy anyway. But it’s nothing like the restless legs I got from Abilify. I even got that one at daytime. It was hellish. I didn’t sleep much.

A med change to a more sedating AP would probably help as a last resort.

I’ve never met a sedating AP that actually helped me sleep through RLS pain. Even when I was on higher dose of Seroquel it barely made me sleepy. I take 2-4mg of Klonopin at night just to get 2-4 hours of sleep. My insomnia laughs in the face of sleeping pills. Lol