Reporting effects of Pregnenelone 50mg a day, after 3 and a half weeks

Continuing the discussion from Vitamin Pregnenolone - New Treatment for Schizophrenia - anyone trying it?:

I have been taking pregnenolone by mouth, 50mg once a day, for the past 3 and a half weeks, and I have noticed that I have not been near as paranoid as I usually am. Also, I very rarely hear voices anymore. Almost all of the mind reading is gone. I did develop some pretty severe mood symptoms, however and I don’t know if that was related to this pregnenolone or not. Mostly severe irritability. The pdoc had to double one of my antipsychotics because of it. I seem to be ok now, thank goodness. But, I’m still on the pregnenolone with no problems so far, after the med. increase. God still communicates with me though, through messages, every day, but, I think that is real. I still have a hard time with taking bath’s and showers’s and brushing my teeth and taking care of my cat’s and so forth, and I still sleep in my clothes and rarely change my clothes. I don’t know why. I think it’s because I loathe putting clean clothes on a dirty body. I sleep in my clothes because I find that my clothes keep me warmer than PJ’s do. I am not in the least depressed. I am quite content and happy. Sometimes I can make myself do yoga and practice piano. Other times, I can’t. I’m hoping pregnenolone will help me with my motivational problems.

1 Like

Pregnenolone has to be taken with T3 for better results

It helps me in subtle ways, enough to be worth it. Less depression, better sleep, more constructive. Far from a miracle drug unfortunately. In older studies from the 40s-50s they sometimes gave very large doses (eg. 5g/d for 5 days) and saw no side effects so if the quality is proper I don’t see why one shouldn’t take it. In these studies it helped in a variety of contexts ; better productivity in factories, less pain for arthritic patients, resolution of exophtalmos, better mood (often stated is ‘patients felt better’), 
 but just like in the schizophrenia studies it’s usually promoted as an adjunct, not as a therapy on its own. You might appreciate “Symposium on Steroids in Experimental and Clinical Practice”, a collection of such studies edited by A. White. Not available online, unfortunately. Google Books allows (very) limited access. I can make scans if necessary but it’s at my parents’s house so it’ll take a while.