Religion or Delusion?

I don’t know how much I can comment on this because I don’t know much about the ancient egyptian religions. I guess the delusional part is how much you made up your self. I seem to recall a bast and that she can shapeshift and is a cat god. I don’t know much about this Ammit though. That you think shadow creatures are attacking is also alarming. I don’t know if that is part of the ancient egyptian relgions either.

I guess you can talk to @flameoftherhine I think he kinda worships the old norse gods.

Because my beliefs are that Christianity is the answer I have to believe that yours are delusional as you believe mine are. I don’t think that of Judaism and Islam because we worship the same god from everything I’ve heard.

But to answer your question I think if it is part of the religion and you aren’t just making it up then it is a religious belief.

1 Like

You shouldn’t have to protect and hide the lioness god of war… Its a battle born supreme hunter… So nothing wrong with your chosen god but the hiding it to protect it seems kinda backwards… Again its a lion war god who is picking fights with that…

3 Likes

The lioness goddess of war is Sekhmet, not Bast. Bast is a cat, goddess of family, love, protection, etc. She is not a goddess of war.

[gasp]

Flame! We trusted you…

I’m quite fond of Apollo though

What lol? Your wiki page says the same thing… She was southern Egypt’s lion war god…very much similar to the norths sekhmet…

1 Like

Oh it does. Well I got the wrong link then lol

Still it does say she protects.

1 Like

No, they were similar in the beginning. Sekhmet stayed as a lion goddess of war. Bast(et)'s centre of worship moved from war to love and protection. Her role shifted and is no longer associated with war, but with love, music, family, but most importantly, protection.

I know my goddess and what she stands for.

But he’s right - you shouldn’t need to protect a goddess. Bastet can look after herself.

2 Likes

I can’t really expect any of you to understand my relationship with my goddess. I was asked to do these things for her

Sweetheart, you asked us what we thought. This idea seems fixed, resistant to reason, and a source of distress for you.

I felt (and still feel) that my cat Puck was my protector. He woke me up when my building was on fire. He stood between me and anyone who upset me. He chased shadows away from me and kept me safe. I understand that part completely.

I also understand your adherence to your religion and don’t fault you for it. But believing your housecat is a goddess and must be protected by you, and your fear and distress at the thought of her being found out, seems delusional and unhealthy for you.

As a pagan you should know the amun ra who brought about this change were bastards… They monotized the religion and set the greedy standard for all the baby religions they came into contact with… I have a hard time accepting any of their changes because of the fundamental changes to core beliefs they altered so they could profit… They killed the religion and corrupted countless others… Also 22 dynasties is how long the cat was a lion… That means she was a lion war god much longer than she was a house cat…their are 30 dynasties …

Not picking but the amun ra ruined a lot of things and the effect was far reaching…and is still felt today…

I’m not allowed to worship my goddess and how she tells me she is because someone else tells me that she wasn’t that way for a while :slight_smile: thanks!

Do what you want… Just read more into your religion… I expect much from other pagans… So if that’s all you got from what I said I’m done talking about it…

1 Like

Of course I should have never spoken about her at all, why was I so stupid in thinking that she and I would be safe if I were to so much as THINK about bringing her up to anyone.
I was so stupid to think that people wouldn’t immediately be hostile about it, I know you’re all just planning to get at me for her.

I shouldn’t trust people, I shouldn’t think about anything, everyone just wants the same thing

I bet I was lured out of my house for this to work too, I’m so stupid

Sweetheart, I’m sorry that this is so upsetting to you. Please talk to a doctor about how frightened this makes you. No one here is coming for you or your cat. No one lured you anywhere.

What kind of treatment are you getting right now?

When I got out of the hospital they sent me to a psychiatrist who went I went, called 911 and had me sent back to the hospital restrained on a gurney, then sent me a letter saying to never go see her ever again and that I was too mentally ill for her
They never gave me anyone else to see, just poison medicine
I don’t take it I can’t, she wanted me hospitalized forever and gives me the medicine to make me sick forever

I have unusual beliefs that I believe in very strongly too. I know you believe what you are saying. I don’t doubt that at all. What I will say is that meds can make you happier if you give them a chance. Forget about what is a delusion and what isn’t and think about your well being and happiness. You deserve to feel safe and happy. I hope you will give another pdoc and meds a chance. Give yourself a chance at feeling safe and happy.

2 Likes

[quote=“kitten, post:23, topic:72305”]Bast [/quote]will live forever but alas your cat will not.

I think you have a religion though. I have a thing for Gods with animal heads, like the Buraq, the Sphinx and Ganesha, the Sun Goddess who is sometimes portrayed like this

and Jesus is sometimes displayed as not having a head at all in Salvador Dali’s brilliant explanation of the Sacrament of the Last Supper’ This is MY body.

Did you know the animorphic deities is probably drug induced hallucinations… The Egyptians used blue lotus and opiates…theirs a tribe in south america that snorts some bark and all their spiritual beings have similar human bodies and animal heads or the reverse… It’s kind of interesting that they all see this odd animorphic hybrid creatures through various hallucinogenic potions…

I think we all would incourage you to take your meds,as most of us have been delusional and know it is a hopeless trap to get out of with out meds. I really don’t know what to say about your religion. As we all have different gods if we want to admit it or not. God is what you find most important above all other things. I think anyone can come up with a religion and they all can be false but they all can’t be based in reality. That doesn’t mean they are delusional deep down when most people call this religion of theres ,a way of life. They are admitting that they don’t truly believe all the details. I personally find that my God is my creator and sustainer of all life, I am a Christian, so I can’t comprehend a world with more than one God. However, if your cat would be a God, you taking your meds is not going to change who your cat is. If taking your meds changes how you veiw your cat at that time I think you could look back and say it was a delusion. But for now it seems to be your religion and God.