Have you had religious delusions? If so what are they?

I’m getting delusions that I’m going to hell. What are some of the religious delusions you’ve had?

1 Like

Not so much religious but I got fixated on astrology and tarot

When you reach Heaven, they give you a harp.

In Hell, they throw you an accordion.

3 Likes

When I was 21 I thought god came to me in a vision and told me never to eat toast again. To this day I don’t own a toaster.

3 Likes

My delusional shadow believes he was sent by god and got tricked by the devil into co-creating the universe.

1 Like

I have delusions that I am God, or at least a vessel for Him. Which is technically true according to Sikhism, but it doesn’t mean everything I do is right. It’s a puzzle. Like people are God, but not, simultaneously. Trying to piece that together while retaining some semblance of ego.

Long story short, if I cure my brain injury I’ll find happiness. Finally close the door on the nutty chapter of my life.

3 Likes

I thought I had Jesus genes because I can really speak his language, Aramean.

There is still ppl worldwide who speak Aramean, for real, google Aramean ppl. Mostly in Sweden and Syria.

I am Aramean which made me more paranoid:

I was the ideal candidate for hell. I was begging them to take my mum instead :frowning:

I was convinced I’d semi accidentally sold half my soul to the devil and that that was why I was mentally ill

This prophet dude. Had an energy map. Me and him were linked. So I was asked to be his partner or else go to hell.

I believed evil spirits were trying to infiltrate my mind. That was when I first got sza.

Now one has infiltrated my mind - Alien. Fortunately for me, I have a good spirit in my mind too - Sarah, who defends me.

Also in my Catholic years a voice told me I was a saint.

Sometimes I believe God is going to punish me even though I’m a believer in Him. Like I’m a bad person not worthy of His mercy. Like God is out to get me.

I thought Joan of Arc asked me out on a date. It was really hard to tell though, her French accent was pretty thick.

Its really not a helpful thread guys.

I beg to differ, the very title makes clear that the topic is religious delusions, not religious beliefs.

1 Like

Exactly how do you think this thread would be helpful, besides what you think of the rules?

Discussing the delusions may help OP realize they can be overcome.

If beliefs get discussed, then I’ll shut down, but right now this post is within the rules.

I agree with DearZombie. In any case it would be odd that such a common type of delusion never got discussed on this forum.

My delusions are of any religion I come in contact with. After I am exposed from reading or hearing of the religion I start to have voices and feelings and visions. I have had the same delusion you are dealing with and will again. My medication helps me stabilize and come out of these delusions the best. I just came out of some of these delusions a little over a week ago. I will go through this again, as part of my symptoms. Without the meds I was feeling very very bad and felt very very wrong. With the meds I dont feel so wrong,but this turned to frustration, irritability anger which are still very bothersome.

3 Likes