Schizophrenia.com

Reasons telepathy doesn't work?

i don’t think it’s real because of the simple logistics involved in doing it. i don’t believe that people could c thru my eyes, feel what i feel, hear what i hear, read what i think and live their own lives without it having a devastating impact. their thought process, feelings, emotions, sight and hearing would have to b completely separate from their reading of my mind or they couldn’t function normally at all. i get absolutely no sensory leakage and if it were real i find that very odd. u would expect to get the odd feeling or vision only if it were one of them using their imagination. my voices excuse is that i’ve been programmed to only hear their voices. well if that were the case, those voices have to b separate personalities inside their minds with absolutely no leakage of the self whatsoever. no thoughts, feelings, emotions, sight or outward sound. just a voice. they say that the volume is very low in their minds and the seeing through my eyes is like a pin point view. bollocks! oh yeah they can also do this in any stage of sleep and funnily enough my voice inside their minds doesn’t wake them up at all…i think we all know that that alone can’t b true. my voices r not present in deep sleep, but only when i dream and they don’t seem to b able to differentiate between when i’m dreaming and wide awake. these r the reasons i don’t believe i’m telepathic. what r ur reasons for or against? please don’t say u just know as i just “knew” when i used to believe i was a telepath.

2 Likes

I always felt like I was effected, or even controlled by other people’s thoughts and emotions, like psychic empathy. But, it’s not as strong now that I’m on meds. That makes me wonder if it’s not real. For the longest time I thought I could influence people subconsciously with my telepathy, but I stopped believing that a long time ago because it’s just stupid.

1 Like

It is the brain’s “Hyperactive Agent Detection Device” believing anything vaguely suggested by the unconscious or the environment. I think you have seen through its impossibility very well.

2 Likes

If you manage to figure everything out, then you know what’s what as far as subjects like this are concerned.

Do you recall the old TV series “STARGATE SG-1”.

Well,… what if it were real.

What if you started to tell people that we are in contact with aliens existing somewhere else, and that we do so through a fantastic ancient technology. What would happen?

Of course those whom you speak to will think that you are obviously as crazy as crazy gets.

What if, in truth, that which has truly occurred is far far far far far beyond something that is as trivial as making contact with aliens via high technology. A something that makes the massive size of the universe not seem so massive anymore.

Well, if you spoke of it, then people would NOT in this case think of you as a crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy person. Their reaction would be so quick that no thought is involved at all. Instead they would instantly “KNOW” that you are a crazy, crazy crazy crazy person.

That means of course that if there is a nasty force out there somewhere, then they could get away with tormenting people since no one else will believe any of the words spoken by such tormented people.

Doctors, scientists, moderators, etc., due to their demand that it is THE RIGHT thing to do to be completely CLOSED MINDED, they would in turn be supporting this nasty negative force by keeping the force hidden by denying its existence. They would feel no guilt or shame in doing so, despite the number of deaths that would occur as a consequence, and do so even if the number of deaths enters the millions.

Instead, perhaps a small percentage of the population would become regular targets of such torment, say maybe 1%, and of course this would go on and on and on due to closed mindedness being all that is accepted by the so called “Intellectuals” of today.

So what if 1% of the population were suffering in some strange bizarre crazy like manner, and claimed to be hearing voices, seeing things that others do not, experiencing what seems to be telepathy, etc., how deep would peoples interest be in the complete truth of such an ongoing incident of craziness?

Well let me tell you a little story… “Do you recall the old TV series “STARGATE SG-1”. Well,… what if it were real…

…telepathy, etc., how deep would peoples interest be in the complete truth of such an ongoing incident of craziness?”.

Well let me tell you a little story… “Do you recall the old TV series “STARGATE SG-1”. Well,… what if it were real…

…telepathy, etc., how deep would peoples interest be in the complete truth of such an ongoing incident of craziness?”.

If I really sit and ponder, I don’t believe I’m telepathic because I am often very misunderstood by people who don’t know me well. If I were telepathic, I believe they could understand the thoughts I try to project into their head. They never do. I have tried to concentrate and get people to act on my thoughts and they haven’t.

One of my out patient classes was recognizing and reading body language. I’m not good at it but I found that I was better able to read my kid sis and she’s always been able to read me. When something happens that feels telepathic she’s able to tell me simply how she did it. Just by how I stand, or if I flinch back or the way I start fidgeting if I don’t like what’s being said.

My kid sis could take one look at a person and say… that person is a good swimmer and will get in the fast lane, that person walking in is a new swimmer and doesn’t know how to swim and will get into the shallow pool. I would be AMAZED when she was right almost every time. She carefully explained how she did it.

the way they walked to the pool, how long it took them to get their gear ready, if they even had gear, if they hesitated… all body language. The more I’ve learned on that, and tried to play with that, the less I believe in telepathy.

I don’t rule it out in extreme trauma cases. When I tried to leave this life, my sis found me. She was looking for me because she just had this deep feeling something was very very wrong. There might be a small margin of connection to people you really deeply care for. But on a whole, I’m not really a believer.

1 Like