Really scared

The doorbell rang this morning but I missed it. Am really worried it was the benefits people and police coming to arrest me. What do you think?

6 Likes

Why would they be arresting you?

2 Likes

I think you will be okay. :grinning: Just paranoia.

3 Likes

I went into a pub last week.

2 Likes

Even people on benefits are allowed simple pleasures. Sounds like paranoia.

4 Likes

what happened at the pub?

2 Likes

Oh nothing mum. I just had a coffee. But I am afraid they think I was getting drunk and wasting my benefits and that I am fraudulent

1 Like

No honey, you’re fine. I don’t know who was at your door, but it wasn’t related to the pub. Ok? You’re alright.

3 Likes

you sound unstable @anon20613941 no one cares if you go have some drinks at the pub…especially your benefits and the police don’t care…I would discuss this with your pdoc.

1 Like

You know it’s not true jimbob. Probably someone pressing the wrong buzzer.

4 Likes

If they were there to arrest you, they would not have left.

Also, they don’t arrest people for going to the pub.

ETA: I have had the cops at my door, and they don’t just leave if they want you.

3 Likes

I think you should have a nice long bath and relax :slight_smile: But it’s not likely its the police and benifits people.

1 Like

Please don’t worry, @anon20613941. It sounds like it was just some random person ringing your bell, either by mistake or to say hi. The police wouldn’t have given up. If they were really after you, they wouldn’t have stopped at just one ring. They generally go on to bang on the door really loudly. As for the benefits people, they don’t monitor your every move. Even if someone from their office did happen to see you going into a pub, I promise they wouldn’t care. No one expects you to be a saint, Jimbob. It sounds like this is the paranoia talking. Have you had feelings like this for a while? If not, do you have a PRN you can take? If so, are you on your meds? Can you talk to your doctor about adjusting them? Please feel better soon, and don’t stress over this. It is nothing to worry about.

1 Like

that wouldn’t happen, it has never happened as far as i know, maybe it was one of your mates from the pub wanting to ask you to join them for a drink :slight_smile: could be anything but i highly doubt it was anything bad :slight_smile:

hope this helps, take care

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.