Really bad backache

I think it’s my weight. If I stand for any length of time I get the worst backache and have to sit down. I don’t fancy taking painkillers. Maybe physiotherapy?

Anyone know any exercises?

1 Like

Is it in the lower middle back?

1 Like

Yeah is in the middle lower back. Does that mean something?

For me it meant my tummy caused the pain by being overweight. I lost 36ib (`3st) and my back improved.

2 Likes

For me when I had back ache in the lower back I considered the worst possibility which was kidney damage from all the junk food I was consuming. But then I went to the GP and they said it was sudden weight gain.
So they referred me to physiotherapy and the lady gave me some repetitive movements/streches to do. But they didn’t really help me. It just kind of went away on its own after some months eventhough I had not lost weight.

1 Like

Due to a virus that made me very dizzy, I haven’t done yoga in three days. And now, my lower back hurts like crazy. Now that the virus is better, I need to do my yoga, bad. But, I don’t have time right now. I have to go to group in about ten minutes. Then, I have dinner. It will have to wait.

1 Like

I have read loads of accounts of folk who were on painkillers for decades going pain med free from doing yoga.

1 Like

Yes, @anon20613941, I was actually crippled for nine years from a back injury that kept getting worse each passing year as I constricted my activity more and more over the years due to the pain. I was never on strong pain killers, (my doctors wouldn’t put me on them), and I never had surgery. One year, I decided to start doing yoga and within six months, I was completely pain free. Catch was, I had to keep doing yoga to stay pain free. Today, I try to do yoga every day. And It’s a wonderful way of life. It only takes about 30 minutes a day.

I was just about to say yoga…

It can be performed gently for overweight people and maybe a physio therapy and dietitian can help.

Maybe you could get a team happening for you a help Jim bob team.

Anders had horrid back pains but he had surgery but it still hurt.

He took painkillers and unfortunately drank alcohol but he used tiger balm too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.