Read two books

Read two books lately: Sapiens and Homo deus by Yuval Noah Harari. Interesting and easy reads these two books.

1 Like

Congrats do you usually read?

1 Like

I try to read but would like to read more.

1 Like

Have you read anything lately?

I’ve been reading an eastern mystic named osho a lot lately. If you’re into that type of thing.

1 Like

I tried to read Osho, but found him too philosophical.

1 Like

The two books I mentioned trace the history of man from prehistoric times to the future. The author traces the history of religion, culture and other social institutions and how they are likely to be in the future.

1 Like

Sounds very interesting :slight_smile:

I like philosophical. To eaches own I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure! Once upon a time I too was into the philosophical but have recently moved to other genres.

1 Like

Also read a book “Arguing Science”: A dialogue on the future of Science and Spirit by Rupert Sheldrake and Michael Shermer.

1 Like

My brain is too fried by negative symptoms to be able to read a single book. It’ s sad! Whereas I have plenty of ideas for reading, mainly in philosophical genre.

2 Likes

This book is a dialogue between a “spirtualist” Rupert Sheldrake and a skeptic Michael Shermer who debate the role of spirit and science in our current world.

Could you share your ideas, if you don’t mind.

I ordered a book off Amazon called Rethinking Madness. It’s written by a psychologist with schizophrenia. The author looks at schizophrenia from a very different angle. Very controversial, but I think it’s good to hear from all views.

1 Like

Sounds interesting :thinking:

I like to blend the two, science and spirit together. But I think they are equally important! Some may disagree though.

2 Likes

I am with you. Both science and spirituality are essential for understanding this world. Though I am spiritual, I am not religious.

2 Likes

I agree about blending. Dr. Williams puts heavy emphasis on psychology (specifically trauma).

2 Likes

I would like to know more about Marx , Hegel and the study of capitalism.
I’m french :
Le gouvernement du ciel. Une histoire globale des bombardements aeriens. It’s a philosophical essay on US Air Power doctrine as a capitalistic expression.
I would like to read a Marx biography and some other books on capitalism history and globalization. I also have unfinished book on mind kontrol. Etc…

3 Likes

When I registered fir Iop last week they asked what religion I identify with I said Taoist :joy: lol. After reading osho I really like Taoism. Even when I was spiritually bankrupt, with nothing to claim except a Jesus delusion, Taoism was the first thing I read and loved it. Like it more than Buddhism. Most people from the west who read eastern philosophy like Buddhism over Taoism but like both. I’m the other way around though.

2 Likes

@y76

Sounds interesting. Do you live in France? My mother was born and raised in Marseille.

I view capitalism, in its purest form, as psychopathy.

2 Likes