[Rant] I'm so sick of having to take meds!

My dad isn’t right.

Its amazing how people are quick to take the piss outta the likes of us lot calling us “dangerous” “nutters” and are quick to dismiss us.

Yet if you placed them in a ward whilst being psychotic - I can garuntee most of them would be screaming for their mother - whilst the “devil” is shouting in their left ear.

WE are the bravest. Its the idiots that know no better that need educating.

And yet, like lambs to the slaughter we are “med compliant” - in order to control our condition - and have to grow a thick skin from the bloody idiots that think its funny to judge us.

3 Likes

No therapy can “get rid of” mental illness. It can only teach you how to cope with the symptoms.

You can either spend all your time and energy throwing a tantrum over how x isn’t fair, or you can accept things as they are and be grateful you have found medication that can help you in the first place and have access to it.

There’s a million things (actually probably more than that) that will happen to the average person in life that are really not fair by perfect world standards. If you fixate on those things you will always be miserable. Accept reality how it is, realize you have full control over the perspective you take on things, and you can learn how to live, thrive and be happy no matter what is thrown your way.

1 Like

I’m asking the same thing of myself after having my second psychosis episode

1 Like

I know this is a little rude, but have you ever thought about people who have other ailements that also require precise medication upkeep? Insulin must be a very tiresome thing to deal with and then you have to gauge your diet.

I know other things are upsetting about being on medications and requiring extra things in life is not fun. I’m sorry. I don’t have a solution for that, I’m just trying to resolve your anger so that you feel some easing of the feeling of persecution by fate.

1 Like

I have a diagnosis of drug induced schizophrenia along with many other dx over the years. I’m in my 30s and have been in almost complete recovery for 3 years. Sure I struggle with depression n dissociation but nothing like the paranoia I used to get. recently I’ve been unwell and had to have a stay at hospital and have CATT team (psych triage) visit me every day this week. I’ve had my Seroquel upped from 100mg to 300mg. Sucks but I look at medication same way I look at my magnesium, vitamin d, b etc. I need it to live.
I found some peace in knowing at this stage of my life I need it to survive and I can’t live without it. if I lived without it for sure I would be in psychosis and probably back on drugs living a horrible lifem For now I’m okay. I live alone, I don’t always feel lonely I like being alone plus I have a pet bunny and cat. my best friends :yellow_heart: I work a few hours a month in mental health care and study mental health peer work at uni. My life may seem sad or boring but to me after my past trauma this life is good. I’m ranting sorry. I lack social awareness and this post is evidence :upside_down_face:summary- Meds are necessary for my sanity.

I’m that person. I take medicine twice a day to keep my fatigue, spasticity, Parkinson-like symptoms etc at bay. And it doesn’t help most of the time but I’m forced to stay on it or I’ll suffer or put in a state of exhaustion.

It’s more like survive or die thing. And even with that, you still suffer but you suffer less.

I’m sorry to hear that you are suffering? May I ask what illness is it that you have? I mean it sounds like you have something besides schizophrenia?

I have a neurological condition other than psychosis. It’s a pain in the neck. I don’t want to say which illness because I’m afraid people are reading my mind.

1 Like

Ok! I’m so sorry to hear that. I hope your treatment is sufficient to combat your illness!

I’m really tired of the meds too. I’m trying to get off them now but it’s going very slowly. I hate being almost unable to function for half my waking hours.

1 Like

See this is something they neglect to tell you when they start increasing doses and adding other things in

Doctors should really be much clearer about this

It has taken me a long time to try and get of Diazepam, but now I am down to the last 5mg, they think it’s acceptable to now tell me to only drop 1mg every two months otherwise I will be very ill? WTF

I’m not judging anyone. It just doesn’t bother me to pop a pill. But if the meds are making you sick then I totally get the problem

They’re not making me sick.
I’m just frustrated that I’m forced to spend tonds of money on them and take them every day in order to not get sick.

I’m frustrated that my brain self destructs after only a few days without.

1 Like

SoO0…,

qp||+||| Taking Medication, A Tough, Sometimes Vicious Battle, Safety Waits In Compliance |||+|||

(((~Sometimes The Only Way Out Is Through~)))

~P.s. Hope, Trust, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Endlessly Eternal Peace!.~ :eagle: :paw_prints: :eagle:

Oh. You have to pay a lot. Ok. I get that. I take the cheap meds now so I can afford them, but I don’t blame you for not wanting to take the cheaper drugs. I’m on Haldol. It’s very cheap

I’m on saphris, but my insurance doesn’t cover it, and it’s also gonna cost me a lot to find a pdoc to renew my prescription

1 Like

I’m so sorry @Pikasaur. That really sucks. Saphris is very expensive

Meds prices doesn’t touch any bodies wallet here in Denmark as that’s for almost free. I’m on many decades old meds and they work very well. I can’t replace them with newer ones because that it would make me very mentally unstable if I just got one of the 3 antipsychotics I take replaced. I had a relapse one moth ago because I got lowered in Seroquel.
My meds are the listed.

500 mg Clopixol every 3 weeks
160 mg Geodon by mouth
550 mg Seroquel by mouth

I have realized that these meds and doses are for the rest of my life

1 Like

I dont think its something to grow out of, i think its a psychological thing like brain abnormalities. Definately not a choice. Hope you feel better.

Edit: just realized this was an ancient thread