Is anyone else here unable to take meds?

Idk I just feel like the only person who can’t. and it’s kinda scaring me how everyone is trying to convince me meds are the only way I’m gonna get better :frowning:

2 Likes

I recommend still taking meds…i forget to take mine sometimes even though it doesn’t really matter. if it doesn’t work…talk to your psychiatrist.

Why can’t you take meds again?

Meds are inevitable for me.
I absolutely can’t live without meds.

It’s not a matter of them not working I just can’t take them.

Noise, I hate to break it to you but I am in my 40’s and every time I went off my meds, bad stuff went down. I don’t think too many folks like the side effects of their medication. I hate how mine make me feel like a robot, no real emotions, just these quasi emotions, how I am in a haze, tired and the things you probably go thru as well. But, I have to tell you that being out of control and not knowing that you are off the chain is worse. There are nowhere near enough treatment facilities or mental health hospitals and the current trend of imprisoning the mentally ill isn’t something you want to be a part of. So, you have to think of what is best in the long run for you. I don’t know what meds you are taking Noise, I am on Saphris right now, its relatively new and very effective, but very expensive because it isn’t covered by insurance. Think of medication as something like working out, not smoking or losing weight, folks want the results of these things but don’t want what they have to go thru to get the results. If you want as close to a “normal” life as you can get, meds and a good doctor are your best bet. Best of luck and know you aren’t alone in this, many folks have been before you and many will follow, be the good statistic my friend, not the bad example. Sorry for the Novel.

5 Likes

Childhood trauma related to meds and therapy

You’ve got to work to get over that ■■■■. You need meds. Badly.

2 Likes

@LED is right. It sounds like you have had some upsetting experiences, but right now you’re letting them undermine any chance you have to build a healthy relationship with a treatment team and move towards recovery.

The sheer number of professionals you have gone through makes me wonder about how much of this is actually symptoms of the illness itself. From my perspective, it seems likely that the illness is working to keep you sick.

3 Likes

Ah yes let me just take this stuff that makes me feel absolutely horrible and suicidal and stuff cause that’s recovery!!! No that my friend is called a stupid idea and an unfeasible plan. And you’re basically saying I am or I’m going to be a bad person with a bad life all because I can’t take meds smh. That’s just messed up man.

2 Likes

Ok explain why I “need” them so “badly”. Also it’s trauma I can’t just get over it the ■■■■.

2 Likes

No, that’s how you interpreted it. So, you are giving excuses as to why you can’t take meds, what will your excuse be when not taking meds makes your life worse if it happens? Its not a possibility man, its a probability. Do you not think most of us have looked for other solutions like herbal remedies and operations and any other miracle fix out there? Have you ever been in a large Metro area and seen the homeless folks who chose to do things their way and ended up there as a result? I am not forcing your decision, you asked and I replied with real life experience that applied in my situation, it may not apply in yours. If you think you can be the medication rule, far be it from me to intervene.

2 Likes

Dude I had real reasons why I went through that many. I’m schiz not stupid. I can have doctors that aren’t gonna work plus with how many problems I have it’s hard to find someone that deals with all of them. Like it’s not all because I’m paranoid man.

1 Like

ultimately its your choice noise~ whatever you think is BEST

1 Like

Oh I was hoping it was my turn for a hostile response next!

I’m not sure what you’re hoping to hear from us. You have an illness that needs treatment. You are refusing to get it treated. I don’t know - good luck, I guess. Meds are your best bet.

1 Like

I’m not refusing treatment and I’m seriously not trying to be hostile? You were the one getting a bit accusatory with your “sheer amount of professionals” statement so I replied in turn. And I said what I’m looking for, anyone who can’t meds. I’m just curious if there’s anyone like me on here?

I’ve had my share of trauma. I’ve worked really fucking) hard to work through most of it so I can do things to help treat my other illnesses. If you don’t want to do that and just suffer forever, that’s on you. I’m done repeating myself when you clearly don’t want to listen.

2 Likes

What about other treatments like ECT and rTMS?

Your responses to Kos and LED were quite confrontational.

I am sorry that my phrasing upset you, but you have gone through 13 mental health professionals in under 6 months and you think the 14th is trying to kill you. You refuse to take medication. I think you need to reevaluate how much your paranoia is affecting you.

2 Likes

I’m not giving excuses???I have trauma linked to meds it’s a fact. Taking medication of any kind can trigger me and make me very suicidal. like I can barely take aspirin man. So ok let’s say I go on drugs bad things still can and will happen it’s the nature of our condition dude. I’m not ready to give up on alternative methods. I just can’t do meds. Simple as that. Thanks for sharing your story I admit I came off a bit harsh just I’m really sick of every telling me my life’s going to suck if I’m not medicated it comes across really rude tbh.

1 Like