Quit smoking help!

Hello I want to quit smoking, I’m paranoid schizophrenic I smoke a lot even though I’m trying to smoke only 20 per day I do not know what to do in the hospital my pulmonologist prescribed me wellbutrin 150mg once a day but my psychiatrist said no. I take risperdal 3mg and generally in variable doses between 6 or 4 mg of clonazepam. I do not know what to do to stop smoking

I have been able to walk away from everything that was bad for me, smoking is the only thing I can’t seem to beat

I have the same problem.

Try 2mg or4mg nicotine lozenges. Im trying to quit to. Im on wellbutrin but it doesnt seem to help enough. The lozenges worked great i just did not get enough, and I dont have the money for them right now. I think there about 40$ to 65$ at cvs depending on how many you want.

I quit by switching to rolling my own and using big bags of pipe tobacco. The nicotine and other chemicals are lower. It still took time but if you only roll a pack’s worth when you have to go places it will help you because it makes you think before smoking if you have to roll one each time.

For example, if I want a smoke do I really feel like making one? Maybe yes maybe no. A lot different than just skipping one from a pack.

Vape here, quit cigs and started at 12 mg nicotine, worked myself down slowly to 3mg, gonna lower to 0 nicotine soon

2 Likes

I bought a vape and lozenges. Still having 4-6 cigs a day. Keep Trying. This is tough

1 Like

I have a vape and its not drawing me in sadly

I quit seven months ago. It kinda took a health scare to get me to quit. My blood pressure was starting to come up high. I didn’t want to have a heart attack. So I quit by cutting back everyday got it down to just a couple a day
Them I quit.

They say that cold turkey is the best way to quit.

That’s what I did I’ve had two weeks so far nicotine free. I still vape 0mg eventually to quit that too.

1 Like

U cud try whenever u feel like a smoke say silently In ur head “my lungs are healthy” whenever I forget my Affirmations I self destruct

I been trying and failing lately. Negative emotion triggers quick responses to smoke in me. It always did but it’s really hard to remedy. I was only in nicotine gum recently but bought a pack after I found out I got a c- on a chemistry quiz. It made me spiral into a mental train of thought questioning if I am even capable of a computer science degree.

I gave the rest of my pack to my brother and gonna try with the gum again. If you want a quitting buddy you can PM me and we can check our progress together :slight_smile: I’ll understand if it’s hard for you since it is for me too

1 Like

The best option to quit smoking is to read a book of Alan Carr… Very useful is also application for smartphone called “quitnow!”.

I quit 139 days ago mostly like that.

1 Like

I quit after being dx with pneumonia twice in one month. They told me I would have to have oxygen 24/7 if I got it again.I used the patches.

I’ve never been a smoker, which is probably incredible because both my parents smoked. I tried it but i found the taste horrible, and didn’t like coughing. I know it is hard to give up though, took both my parents multiple times to do it. I’d say use the patches, see your GP and go down incrementally so it isn’t a big shock to your system. Hang in there and good luck.

Go to your local vape (e-cigarette) place. Get an ecig. I’ve been using an ecig for years now.

I use patches and cut down. I have several attempts each day. I have a break from quitting and got myself a 3 day supply of cigarettes. I try again after the break. It’s mental agony. Earlier when I made the decision to quit and be free of smokes I was happy. Now I feel like a complete failure and fukup. I already have low self-esteem cause of my sz and eatingdisorder. 40 kg overweight.

Congratulations for taking the decision to quit; you have crossed a major hurdle. There are lots of options depending on what your preference is and what else you have tried in the past and any medical conditions and allergies.

Most people can actually stop just like they started. Cold turkey is the best way, but nicotine or cigarette tapering are viable options as well. It’s not easy but extremely worth the effort. It’s such a bad thing for you that I suggest trying anything! Whatever works! But it will only work if you are mentally committed. So pick a day (today) and a time (now), and never smoke another one.

Serious intent and careful consideration of the long-term impact of smoking will likely guarantee a better result. Rewarding yourself with something after quitting for a time can help. Announcing your intention in front of others that you highly regard also works. Champix can also help.

The most difficult obstacle you will find is being around other people that smoke, especially friends that “shared” your smoking habit. Smoking is such a social thing that you may even find that some of your friendships may have to change a bit to accomodate your healthy benefits. Avoid situations that will be tempting for you and remember how good you will feel when you will be a non-smoker!

Hello, someone has taken risperdal and bupropion together? I would like to know