Psychiatry in the Fast lane

So been doing pretty well as usual so today I had a lunchtime appointment with my shrink. I actually like going in for a chat and he’s a pretty cool guy and all but his office is in the city center and it’s an hour train ride each way.

Anyways. We’ve covid outbreaks around and we are in a semi lockdown up here so I just wasn’t keen on travelling all the way to town on a train with a mask on. No offence to the average joe but I just don’t trust people to do the right thing and even wear masks on the public transport…So I called up and go it changed to a phone appointment…

I think the interaction was shorter than this post :). Doing good. Symptoms good a bit slack and demotivated lately but doing things for the cricket club and keeping busy. Don’t need any scripts see you in 6 weeks…The modern world but that is psychiatry in the fast lane…

12 Likes

nice you could do it on the phone…good pdoc there…

1 Like

I think I have had one face to face appointment since Covid. They have all pretty much been on the phone

1 Like

I don’t mind, but my med provider charges my insurance company for 50 minutes, and I don’t get all that time in the phone call. Once in a while I do get extra, however. Billing is an art, not a science.

1 Like

I haven’t had an in person psych visit since last last February. All on the phone and she is continuing that through the end of the year. That’s fine with me
I don’t like leaving the house and her office creeps me out

1 Like

Good job mate! :slight_smile:

All of my appointments have been virtual for quite some time.

Keep plugging along and jamming to sweet tunes!

1 Like

I do tele-meds because there is no psychiatrist in my small town. This has been going on for years and years. The last time I saw a psychiatrist in person was one of my hospitalizations years ago.

1 Like

That’s great that you could switch to a phone appointment and I’m glad you’re doing so well

1 Like

I don’t have a psychiatrist right now. All I’ve had since February is a psychopharmacologist. And I only talk to her on the phone. She’s more than qualified to take care of me. She’s filling in until the VA here can hire another psychiatrist.

1 Like

Ok. Well, best of luck to you! I hope you get a good pdoc.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.