Problem with my music

I was listening to this rapper “G Eazy” yesterday. And realized our styles are too alike. I mean there’s obvious differences. He’s way more cocky and Doesn’t make fun at himself at all. Probably cuz he hasn’t had a difficult life by any means. But he’s only a year older than me and a lot of our concepts are similar. I wouldn’t wanna jock his style by any means! Cuz tbt I don’t like him at all. I think his voice is more annoying, he doesn’t have any humility at all, we are different, I have more subject matter, but I also see many similarities. I consider this a blessing in disguise…it forces me to evolve. It is what motivated me to start making beats, so I can stand above people like him. I like me better, maybe I’m biased, but I see it this way, he has money already, he’s rich, so I can’t just say screw u I’m gonna take over. He already has tons of fans. Which is why I gotta evolve. It’ll force me to work harder. Which is a blessing in disguise. Also I plan on truly getting “serious” about music when I’m in my 30s, by that time we will be at way different places in life, me and this guy g eazy, he will be a 30 something year old celebrity while I will be a struggling underground independent musician. We will naturally evolve apart from each other. But I wanna take that to another level. Slowly but surely. Evolve as much as I can do. Make deeper sounding stuff. Less childish. And whatnot.

2 Likes

Your music is very original @Goyankees, can you post some sounds of this person who is bothering you. Stick to your guns, your music is great!

1 Like

Thanks @green that means a lot. I just wanna increase my vocabulary, be more humble, more poetic. Like I have a line “cmon please, I do this ■■■■ with ease”. But instead I wanna say something like “this rap stuff hard, so I play my part, hip hop comes from the heart”. Or something. I heard g easy say “this rap stuff too easy!” And I thought it was very cocky and didn’t like it. So I wanna go away from that and be more humble. https://soundcloud.com/g-eazy/maximum-produced-by-9th-wonder

This is one of his better songs…I also wanna be less misogynistic and less about substance abuse. More positive message. Without sacrificing myself In the process. I wanna study , try harder, and learn to make good beats! I wanna be very original. But not get away completely from what I was doing. Just switch it up a little bit.

@Goyankees what is the difference between rap and hip-hop? If there is one… sorry for my ignorance :sweat:

1 Like

Same thing. Hip hop is more the lifestyle, rap is what u do.

1 Like

I discussed this with my job trainer and he said G eazy really is really really cocky. Then he asked to hear one of my songs and I did and he said he thought I was real good and I don’t need to change and I’m nothing like g eazy. He says g eazy has a “flow like a white boy” while I reminded him of this rapper eyedea who I looked up and he’s ill. I took it as a compliment I don’t “have a flow like a whiteboy”. He encouraged me to make my own beats tho. And I said I wanna be more humble still, and the other things I wanna change are things I wanna do anyways. So maybe I was freaking out over nothing.

I listened to him. He’s okay but I think your better.

1 Like