Probiotics for schizophrenia?

Hey there is word on the internet that probiotics are effective for schizophrenia, I can’t bring myself to try it because ingesting large amounts of bacteria and having them grow inside of you gives me the creeps, but if it works I may change my mind. Has anyone here tried this and if so how did it work?

1 Like

Only very mildly helpful. I ingest a lot of probiotics, but for diverticular disease. I discovered a tiny bump from them with negative symptoms. They are expensive to purchase - I make my own by fermenting my own sauerkraut (water, cabbage, and kosher salt). There is a wide range of different types of bacilli depending on when you eat the fermented cabbage. It doesn’t taste wonderful, but it’s not awful either (the gas is).

2 Likes

Yeah I don’t notice a difference

I am no longer on probiotics

Very expensive

1 Like

I feel a little sick

Wait till you see the bugs that live on your face! :smiley:

3 Likes

You basically have to megadose, and it’s not economically feasible to purchase the required amount from stores. Consume a lot and there’s a mild difference. It has made a world of difference with the diverticular disease - no longer in constant pain with bloody diarrhea.

Edit: I don’t think I’d go to all this trouble for just the SZ - I can get more pep in my step from going for a walk outside. And it doesn’t taste wonderful, especially several times a day.

2 Likes

I try to eat kimchi every day for probiotics. Eggs And kimchi. Yum.

My weight is slowly going down , currently on slimming probiotics

Kimchi is AWESOME for probiotics!

1 Like

Yup, probably necessary but definitely disgusting.

2 Likes

Oy! Don’t call my Marty the Face mite names…

He does a very important job!

:smiley:

3 Likes