Prn for sleep?

Any meds that may work as needed for sleep? I tried Imovane and Vallergan(antihistamine), but they did nothing. Maybe a benzo? I tried asking for klonopin, but that is off the table, needs to be another one, maybe a less heavy type

3 Likes

Can antihistamines help

I was given theralen and nozinan for sleep in Sweden but it made me groggy the next day and it made me drewl.

I’m on imovane now.

1 Like

Maybe. I tried one type antihistamine before, but didn’t work at all.

I’m currently taking 50mg seroquel for sleep which is working for now, but I would like to have a backup to take as needed.

2 Likes

Maybe find one that causes drowsiness

My doctor gave me 10mg amitryptiline. It works well. I don’t feel drugged, it feels like a natural sleepy.

1 Like

I take clozapine for sleep.

2 Likes

I take trazadone for sleep. Ive been on it for years. Its much better than taking a benzo. And more effective than antihistamines.

3 Likes

Benzos won’t work long term. Benedryl works if you don’t take it all the time. I take 50 mg a night for tremors so I am immune to it.

I take Lunesta. It works effectively but it’s a controlled substance like a benzo.

I have tried Trazodone and Remeron and Seroquel and everything else that isn’t controlled but only Ambien and Lunesta work for me. I saw a commercial about a new sleeping pill but I don’t remember what it was called.

It’s my experience that doctors don’t like writing long term scripts for Ambien but I have been on Lunesta for years.

2 Likes

Try and watch a full episode of The Rings of Power.

2 Likes

I was on lunesta for lots of years as needed for sleep. Before that it was Trazodone. I hope you find a good solution for yourself. Olanzapine 30 mg works well for me the melting pills. @Mr_Hope

2 Likes

CBD, Magnesium, Melatonin, Apigenin

2 Likes

I unfortunately do not have a quest for sleep my doctor has supplied me with medicines that have caused me to feel sleepy and I’ll must be a zombie at times making it harder to have a normal sleep prns that I have are as followed fun muscle relaxer or the lorazepam many people that I know prefer to take something like NyQuil once in awhile to help with their sleep disorder ambient is one of those mood swings in the morning I don’t press for alcohol as in the headaches are killers nor do I believe in psychiatric medicine like Seroquel to help with sleep deprivation just my two cents and thank you for reading

2 Likes

I sleep every night on olanzapine and have used a sleeping tablet called zopiclone in the past.

2 Likes

I use an antidepressant called Trazodone, it more or less does the trick.

2 Likes

Trazadone (200 mg). Plus a little dot (.5 mg) of Xanax.

2 Likes

Gabapentin. 300mg

1 Like

i started trazodone today for treating insomnia. i have several question :

what is the dosage you take?

does it cause weight gain?

does it make you sedated or drowsy in the morning?

does you build tolerance to it?

is there any side effect of it?

1 Like

It was ok at first.

I grew tolerant to it.

Didn’t notice weight gain.

No hangover feeling just take it and lie down. It really did work when I first got put on it.

1 Like

@MIDO

I currently take 150mg, but ive been higher than that before. I think my highest was 400mg.

It caused a tiny bit of weight gain. Although im on a lot of other meds so i can’t specifically blame trazadone.

If im on too high of a dose i will be drowsy in the morning, but im not at 150mg. I wake up refreshed.

You can build tolerance to it, which is how i ended up at such a high dose previously.

There is risk of side effects but i have never experienced any. It just depends on your body chemistry.

1 Like