Practical skills v high IQ

it is i who should do the bowing, to you and your sis, you are both dark lords in the making…
take care

A big area of difficulty for me is organisation and planning. Tasks that require working out the order of several steps to complete it are problematic. IQ tests don’t really measure that ability but it can be a big hindrance when it comes to practical, non verbal problem solving. I think executive functioning abilities can be impaired in schizophrenia related disorders as they can with non verbal learning disorder.
Whether this connects to disorganisation symptoms, as you say, i wouldn’t like to say.

1 Like

Yes I do believe that A would imply C.

A=B=C

However it’s been over 20 years since I did math so I could be remembering it all wrong :wink:

Hobbits go to the Beach !!!

Awesome…

1 Like

i used to have an iq about 125, now I dont know. But I think that while high iq can get you better jobs, its useless without an education and good social skills.

I did WAIS III and had a top score of 170. It was a non verbal test of patterns. That’s my strong side of the brain, finding patterns. Sudoku has been a favourite game for me. But it was hard to find enough challenging games. But after my brain crash my brain was like mashed potatoes. I couldn’t think. I couldn’t cook. I could do nothing. My IQ has shrunk a lot because of my psychotic episode. I used to be a real nerd. Sci-fi nerd. Wanted to read NADA and AI after high school. But my mind was in panic mode. I couldn’t concentrate at all. Maybe it was that pro…someting that is before you get a psychotic episode.

Barbie, yes you are correct A=C. I have had many an argument over this mathematical property.

1 Like