Posted something on FB that may be mean

I said it may be hard to understand, but at my age (62), I not into sex anymore because with the arthritis in my back and bursitis in my hip, it hurts too much. I tried last winter.

On 05/26/2022 I found out I have herpes which is incurable, and I don’t want to spread it around. Even with the antiviral drug it can still be transmitted, though the odd are low.

I’m just interested in platonic friendships thank you.

The idea of a life without sex really doesn’t bother me. The only thing I miss is kissing.

1 Like

Hey Mike, what are your interests like hobbies?

1 Like

Thanks @Kxev. Most of my free time is spent on this forum or FB now. All my other time is taken up caring for myself and going to my psych clinic three times a week. I’m mainly doing rehab there.

1 Like

I used to have unprotected sex with my gf with herpes years ago…I never caught it. I realize it was perhaps taking a chance but I loved her. I didn’t care…don’t give up on the opposite sex if that’s what you desire.

2 Likes

Thanks @jukebox. I’ve been in love twice in my life. Maybe that’s enough. Who knows?

1 Like

love is like water to roses…we need it every day…don’t give up !

2 Likes

How about put yourself out on Tinder.

1 Like

62 is not time to throw in the towel. Also don’t rush. Let’s keep talking to find a way you can meet a guy, or friends in your area. Or outside your area.

1 Like

There’s got to be recover group, where you can make friends.?

1 Like

As things are going, I don’t know how long I have before I going to need to go to a nursing home. Five years? Ten years?

1 Like

Well thats still a long time, we can figure something out.

1 Like

Are there any gay bars, clubs in Little Rock?

1 Like

Yes, a couple. I haven’t been to a club in years.

1 Like

Would you feel comfortable going out again?

Also so I assume you don’t have friends, as I do not either.

1 Like

I have a gay friend in his 50’s, and there’s the gay lay pastor at my church whose licensed to do same sex marriages. I chat with him on occasion. My old case manager is bi, but 25 years old and is a friend.

1 Like

Okay so you have a gay social circle. Ask them what they do for fun and see if you can join them. You might meet new. People. Its good you have a close knit friendship to start.

Start with your friends, and network out by going out with them. Not expecting anything and as you meet people you might click and start a platonic friendship.

1 Like

I’m going to have to go. A young gay man who is hiv+ and lives here just accepted my friend request on FB. I know him from NA meetings.

2 Likes

Thanks @Kxev 15

1 Like

Okay take care your yourself and the young man.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.