Poll: Which medication helped you the most?

My doctor has switched my medications several times due to side-effects. I’m now having some memory loss issues, which I just found could be attributed to the Risperdal I’m on. I have a feeling she will switch me again. I would like to research the medications before I speak with her, so I can ask questions.

I don’t know if this is possible or not, but tell me what medication you found most helpful in the treatment of your SZ. I’ve tried to list all the medications associated with the treatment of SZ, but if I’ve missed one, please feel free to post the name.

Thanks.

PS I also know that these drugs can treat different aspects of SZ. Even so, it gives me a starting point to work with the doctor on.

• Prolixin (Fluphenazine)
  • Haldol (Haloperidol)
  • Loxapine
  • Trilafon (Perphenazine)
  • Mellaril (Thioridazine)
  • Navane (Thiothixene)
  • Stelazine (Trifluoperazine)
  • Clozaril (Clozapine)
  • Abilify (aripiprazole)
  • Aristada (Aripiprazole Lauroxil)
  • Saphris (Asenapine)
  • Rexulti (Brexpiprazole)
  • Vraylar (Cariprazine)
  • Latuda (Lurasidone)
  • Invega Sustenna/Invega Trinza (Paliperidone/Paliperidone Palmitate)
  • Seroquel (Quetiapine)
  • Risperdal (Risperidone)
  • Zyprexa (Olanzapine)
  • Geodon (Ziprasidone)
  • Fanapt (Iloperidone)

0 voters

1 Like

I put down seroquel, because I’m more of a mess without the seroquel than without the latuda, but really it’s the combination of the two that works so well - latuda more for cognitive, seroquel more for anxiety/delusions

1 Like

Haloperidol seemed to sort me out really quickly when I was in hospital but I had to stop it becuase a bad reaction to it

1 Like

Abilify, hands down

1 Like

For me it was Haldol and latuda. But i’m more of a disaster without the Haldol than I am without the latuda. Haldol and latuda combo doesn’t completely help but it does somewhat controls the hallucinations and negative symptoms.

1 Like

I liked Geodon, and Haldol (the pill, rather than the shots), both had the least side effects.
I had to stop Geodon due to a high prolactin level, discovered through routine lab tests.

1 Like

For me it is a combination of Geodon and Seroquel. Both drugs have kept me stable without terrible side effects for over a decade.

1 Like

Latuda 80 mg my favorite medicine

1 Like

Seroquel worked like magic. But man, I was always tired 24/7.

And once I finally got off of the medication, I suffered from severe insomnia.

So please be aware of this if you decide to do the same thing.

2 Likes

Latuda and Seroquel, Invega and Abilify. Those 2 combinations were both good for me. One to calm and balance, one to work on negative symptoms.

1 Like