Poll: How much support do you get from family?

• As far as they’re concerned I’m on my own
  • Get some support, want/need more
  • Get all the support I want/need

0 voters

2 Likes

My parents are still unaware of my sz …!!! Tho they love me and take care of me…life is such a difficult tasks…

4 Likes

I get all the support i want/need!
I guess i’m lucky :blush:

5 Likes

I basically have to beg and chase for support and i am greatful but its never what i rrakly need or its too late. Im made to feel a burden mainly.

3 Likes

The government supports me. And I myself supports me. My family does not do a thing for me. They mostly ignore me as best they can.

3 Likes

Whilst my birth family know I am mentally ill they don’t give much support , although they are also not negative towards me.

I think the best support comes from my youngest stepdaughter. For example she is doing her best to facilitate the move I am making ,and has said she will come to mental heath appointments etc.

3 Likes

I live across the country from my family, but even when I lived close by they never cared. I don’t really know how to ask them for help, though. Like, what could they really do? We don’t really get along, though, so I don’t know.

I do have one sister that lives near me and she is sort of starting to talk to me. But it’s mostly for personal gain, though I think maybe she’s trying to be supportive when she can? It’s hard to tell. She’s just started seeing therapists and is at the beginning of being evaluated for bipolar, so I’ve been helping her where I can with stuff. But she’s moving away soon, so then I’ll be back to nothing.

2 Likes

What does “birth family” mean?

Your parents? Siblings?

My family knows, and they support me to their best capacity, emotionally and economically.
I feel bad that I need their money to survive.

1 Like

I live in my parents house and they take care of the shopping etc so I guess get all the support I want

1 Like

Yes. That is right.

I understand.

Sorry you don’t get the support you need from such important people in your life.

I had all the support I needed for years from my Mother. But as she aged I began to fear that I would be stuck at home when she died and wouldn’t be able to handle it without being homeless or in jail. So I moved to an apartment and decided to depend increasingly on the government. It wasn’t an easy decision. I have some help from my brother but he’s a busy man and can only help me so much. So it’s primarily up to to me and the government safety net.

1 Like

My husband is a huge support to me. And my mom too. No one else knows.

1 Like

My Dad was in total denial but he still meant well (he has since passed away).
My 2 remaining brothers - 1 is very supportive the other tries but has his own issues.
My husband is my rock, my total safety net.
My kids are totally oblivious (a fact I am actually proud of). They know but it doesn’t really affect them.
My in-laws are great. Even though I have serious issues socializing with them.

1 Like

I have family, other may have Jesus.

1 Like

Its a shame that my own family is not at all supportive rather ridiculing me for the faults. I am so unlucky. Most of the time i feel the illness is due to them. And have a stronge urge to runaway. But my wife and kid are the roadblock/support to that.

1 Like

Sri try to communicate more frequently with ur family specially to ur wife…i suffered a lot due to lack of communication with my dad mom and me…i still regret badly about it …

1 Like

Niraj its a disaster nw that i can only communicate to my wife about it and she totally hates it. feel like total idiot about what i am doing each step. so whatever my family does and talks gets justified and mine does not. it sometimes make me want to give up. such a poor thinking family i have got.

2 Likes

Sri the positive part is u have a full time job and pretty wife …u always take her to ur pdoc and therapist…they will teach ur wife lil furthur and can gain some insight about the illness…hey sri do u drive or ride a bike…can u…??

1 Like