Poll: How much support do you get from family?

My parents do so much for me. Probably what I appreciate most is they talk to me over the phone thus making me feel less lonely. I love them for this.

2 Likes

Yes i ride bike everyday. I am not able to see single positive side to life. Its so depressing what my family did to me. Maybe i am just another Orphan. And learn to live happily with it.

1 Like

I got total/literal support from my parents as they let me live with them for 18 years to help raise my son. But they didn’t know I have sz, they just knew I was weak, and had been in an abusive marriage, and that I couldn’t do it on my own.
Now, I hardly talk to my siblings and my dad has dementia, and my mom is gone. But, I think if I asked one or two of my siblings for help then they would help me. What I really would like is for any of them to care enough to keep in touch and ask me how I’m doing, but it’s too much to ask of them.

2 Likes

And you also have an adorable son, sriharryster. I’m cheering for you and your family.

1 Like

I have literally no support from my family. I was taken into care at no and have no contact with my parents or sister, my only family is my other sister who got taken into care at the same time and she wants no involvement with my care.

But I do have a lot of support from my group home staff and the people I live with are nice.

1 Like

I live with my parents. I’m 25 years old. I feel minda bad that i live there but i appreciate everything they’ve done for me.

1 Like

I had support from my mom but the relationship was not still very good because she often used to be wicked. She changed some years ago and now she is kind.

I had no support at all from my father who ignored me as he did during all my life.

I had some support from my brothers and my sister but they were not really understanding the situation so I was usually on my own.

Usually it was me who was asking my family to go to the hospital. They were not taking decisions. I had to do it.

If I’m treated successfully actually it’s all because of me for being courageous and persevering and because of my genius psychiatrist who has been the only doctor to treat me like a human and who was not condescending with me.

1 Like

My mom helps me with almost everything for the life on daily basis like food and care for me. But she remains pessimistic about my recovery. But I find that even despite that, I need to show her more love :).

1 Like