Poll: How many pay for their meds/healthcare out of pocket? If so, much do you spend?

Poll: How many pay for their meds/healthcare out of pocket? If so, much do you spend?

1 Like

I was getting my pills for free for a while until the place that was giving them had a massive shortage. I spend 24 dollars on risperidone.

i pay 120 CAD a month my insurance pays 80%

1 Like

I go to the VA, so everything is free. :tropical_fish::tropical_fish::tropical_fish:

1 Like

I’m on Medicaid, where everything’s fully covered.

I’m wanting to get off, but with the costs of Invega Sustenna (which is nearly $2500 per month), I’m really struggling with ideas of how to do it. Not even Blue Cross Blue Shield covers it. Just the generic version of the Invega tablets, which are roughly $150 with GoodRx.

How are others covering their meds?

Health insurance is obligated here and pays for all meds and psychiatric treatment. Never had to pay anything.

1 Like

My medications are partially covered by the government. I pay about 60 dollars for 3 months worth of medications.

I’m incredibly thankful for the national insurance.

1€ per month. Lol. Seriously.

I pay £11 a month

Probably could get them free atm but I am due to start work again, so might need to keep up the payments

Yup. This is why I’m no longer on Invega. The generic shot is still over $1000 per month.

I pay approximately $150 per month for my Medicare coverage, and $50/month for my Medicare advantage plan, plus I have to pay copays for services and meds

I have been mostly paying $5 to $25 max a month. Recently due to low dose meds it is below $5.

I usually pay $5 for most of my meds or less unless it’s brand name drugs, then I pay more.

Although I pay $21 for my Ozempic a month

1 Like

I pay monthly 14$CA for 5mg risperidone but a week ago I went down to 3mg, still haven’t told my pharmacy or Dr. I don’t have a pdoc since Jan 2021.

1 Like

Its 2mg+3mg, I think the 2mg is 6$CA and the 3mg is 8$CA.

I pay about 10 dollars per month roughly for aripoprazole :grin:

It’s all free here too. Covered by the government. (Ontario, Canada)

2 Likes

I have medical insurance through Hubby’s place of employment. We have to pay for the insurance; it’s automatically taken out of his check.

On top of that cost, I have an out-of-pocket maximum of $5,500. I always spend that much by July, because of my health problems and my medical supplies. So, now I’m not paying anymore for the rest of the year.

Hubby’s out-of-pocket maximum is also $5,500, and he is currently about $1,000 away from meeting the maximum.

But that’s all just for in-network providers and hospitals/clinics. If we went to a hospital that wasn’t covered, we’d have to pay quite a lot of money.

1 Like

At one point i was paying about 350 a month as i wasnt on a plan.

Couldnt get them free because i was earning more income that disqualified me from free meds

I pay something like $170 a month for Medicare and $27 for the prescription drug plan for a total of $197 a month. My copays on my prescriptions are like $25 to $30 a month.