Poll: Money spent on meds

@Wildflower08 didn’t put an actual poll in her thread so I thought I would create one.

Anonymous

How much are your meds?
  • My meds are free
  • I feel the price is reasonable
  • I’m being ripped off

0 voters

3 Likes

I usually only have to pay a small amount for meds. I’ve been ending up paying for diabetes testing(testing strips, the little needle inserts) supplies myself , though. I also only pay a small portion of doctors visits and such. I’m on Medicare with parts A, B and D, with a private insurance company for the D part. It’s usually pretty fair IMO, and the bills I do get don’t put too much of a strain on my finances.

3 Likes

I have 3 meds: Invega, clozapine, Wellbutrin.

I pay about 20€ a month. I find that to be a reasonable price.

2 Likes

@Bowens, what AP are you on?

2 Likes

Aripiprazole.

2 Likes

Yeah. That’s a really cheap med. I’m glad it helps you at such a low cost

2 Likes

I voted “free” although they are not. It’s just that I’m not the one who pays for them. 100% covered between mine and my wife’s work benefits.

1 Like

my meds are payed for by insurance. occasionally i transferred them to walmarts pharmacy as its only $9 there if u pay cash without insurance vs the $700+ that my current pharmacy says my insurance saved me

1 Like

Most of my meds cost $1.35 for a monthly supply, which I find very affordable.

2 Likes

Thanks for the poll. I pay $197 a month for health and drug insurance, and my copay’s on my prescriptions run $25 to $30 a month. I feel like I’m ripped off, but for others it may be worse.

1 Like

My meds have always been free. Except in one instance.

Normal lorazepam was free but sublingual was out of pocket. I think I paid around $27 for 30 1mg pills a few times.

If I told my doctor to prescribe me the normal kind they would have been free, but I got the sublingual ones because they were faster acting.

Well technically not free, paid for by the government which in turn is paid for by our taxes.

1 Like

On low dose generic olanzapine. I pay about 5 dollars a month on average I recon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.