Poll : How lucky do you consider yourself right now?

Having mental illness is unlucky. Outside of that, how would you rate your luck?

• Very lucky
  • Lucky
  • Unlucky
  • Very Unlucky

0 voters

I’m very lucky. I have a parent who supports me, pays for my treatment and gives me a place to live. I’m also able to enjoy a few little things in life like cuddling with my dog or puttering around the garden. I was born in a first world country and that helps with tons of things.

4 Likes

I have to call it blessed. :blush: I’m very blessed to be in a totally different place than I was twenty years ago. Almost opposite in my circumstances, and I’m grateful.

1 Like

Very lucky… I have a supportive family, meds without too much side effects, xbox, education, a disability check, two beautiful daughters, computer, physical health and a forum I can rant on.

2 Likes

I’m very lucky to have the Latuda working for me At a low dose. I’m lucky I was approved for disability. I’m lucky because I am actually cureable with medicine and I don’t have to live Ina home

1 Like

Having progeria, quadriplegia, or terminal cancer are all much worse. There but for the Grace of God…

4 Likes

Pretty lucky. I was born in the richest most powerful country in history where we have access to things on a daily basis that most people can not even comprehend. I had nothing to do with it, it was just luck. I have stuff that I take for granted on a daily basis that millions of people will never see or have. Running water inside the home, a bed to sleep in, a car, etc.

I live in one of the most affluent areas in the U.S. Again, I had nothing to do with it, it was just luck that my parents decided to settle here. But material things aside. I am lucky to have a family who has always supported me. I have been lucky enough to have close friends. I feel lucky I am able to work and drive. I feel lucky just to be alive despite severe psychosis, drug addiction, a couple of relapses and a few other problems.

4 Likes

Being Schizophrenic is unlucky - in the beginning. I have been very lucky for a lot of the reasons written above. I like fairy tales about spinning straw into gold. There are days I feel richer than most people my age, I believe.

1 Like

I’m unlucky because my Dad takes up the T.V. when I use it to be in class and is a dictator. And by dictator I mean that he only cares about his point of view and disregards or challenges others because he is mad.

[Incoming rant]
Yesterday he fed the dogs twice when he is only supposed to do it once and I do it the second time. Basically they got fed 3 times. So I asked him today if it was alright if I fed the dogs for their seconds and he says it’s ok. Then I asked him if he fed them this morning and he says yes. Then I say we can’t feed them because we already fed them three times yesterday and we don’t want them to get fat. And he says he didn’t know because I didn’t leave a note about me already had fed the dogs. I texted him that day, although too late because I had forgot about it and am not used to telling him things on notes. He knows all this but starts saying I should have left a note anyways and that is what the white board is for. I tell him it’s not my fault because I’m not used to doing that. He gets quiet after this.

So when it comes to having to feed the dogs tonight I had no clue what to do because I know they got fed too much yesterday and he, just as much as me, values order. I ended up feeding them anyway because I know dogs get angry when they don’t eat, even though I didn’t feel right about it.

So yeah I felt very unlucky today because of my Dad’s lack of insight or willingness to communicate it.
[end rant]

I am lucky because I have a job,no other illnesses beside mental illness,I have my own sets of values and goals and also have better social skills than I ever had before.My family is financially well and stable,we would consider ourselves as earning an above average income comparing to the whole of the city we lived in.Another lucky part is that my uncle and two siblings are doctors,many time I don’t want to accept that I suffer from schizophrenia and wants to get off medication when I am still unstable,after being influence my uncle and siblings,I have continue my medicine until now and are recovering to some level.I do have some hope to recover fully!

1 Like

We are truly blessed. I can’t explain it right now,

I feel very unlucky very i was fired from my job as an auditor when i declined to do something that was unethical because i was too paranoid that i would end up in prison if i did not notice the mistake that were going on in the audit work, so i declined to not notice mistakes in the company’s accounting. As a result, i was fired. Too paranoid to work as an auditor. ■■■■, i think about it all the time and i wish that i did what i was asked to do, maybe than i would have had a job. I didn’t know at that point when i was working as an auditor that i had schizophrenia, even though i had a voice in my head before i started working. After i got fired, i heard 5 more voice commands in my head and a year later i was hospitalized.

1 Like

I wouldn’t consider myself particularly lucky or unlucky.

health wise i’m lucky that i dont have a physical illness like cancer, etc but i do have hepatitis. financially i used to be lucky… my life goes up and down… sometimes rich, sometimes close to poor. even though i live in a village in a developing country… its not that bad… we still have enough. my house is quite large now… i’m grateful for that. even though we eat a lot of soya bean based foods frequently and im bored of eating tofu and tempe… but im grateful that i can still eat. soon i’ll have to get married or live independently… this stresses me cos i cant find a partner and i still dont have a job.

1 Like

Im very lucky because im in a wonderful relationship and i have a wonderful home

2 Likes

I’m lucky because I live in a beautiful suburb by the sea in a wonderful city, and I have a caring husband and my parents are still alive. And my husband is financially stable so I want for nothing. And my meds are working for me.

1 Like

I consider myself lucky to have been born in a liberal democracy in the late twentieth century, but having schizophrenia sucks.

Very lucky. I have a lot of things to be grateful for.

I’m a very lucky person. Sometimes I think I don’t deserve to be so lucky, but it’s certainly nice to have comfort

1 Like

Me too. :slight_smile: