Poll: Eye đź‘€ contact

I don’t make eye contact.

After my first hospitalisation I saw a psychologist (therapist) for about 3 weeks. She also pointed out that I don’t make eye contact.

I think the more you make eye contact with someone, the more you like them.

Maybe that’s why I don’t make eye contact. I probably don’t want to like most people.

How is your eye contact?

• Good
  • Medium
  • Bad

0 voters

3 Likes

I make eye contact, dont have a problem with it now

When i was shy and insecure during on and off psychosis i had it bad. Always had to look away.

The problem was that i was trying so hard to concentrate on staring them in the eyes to try beat it that it became seriously awkward and i felt like the village creep.

Half the time i didnt even listen to what they were saying as i was trying 3000 % to not break eye contact.

Jesus i hated that part of my life

6 Likes

I do not make traditional eye contact. I look people between the eyes. I still don’t like it but it pleases people. If I’m around understanding people I don’t even pretend

4 Likes

It’s always been a fear or an anxiety thing for me for when I don’t make eye contact. It’s like I don’t want to piss a person off by looking at them for too long or whatever. My eye contact is a medium thing. There is a certain age group of males that I strongly dislike so I won’t make eye contact with them but have no problems with my close family or friends.

3 Likes

When I’m psychotic my eye contact is very poor but on meds it’s medium.

3 Likes

My eye contact is normal. Always been.

2 Likes

When psychotic I hyperfocus on ppl eyes. Its bad. Makes them uncomfortable. Idk why it happens when psychotic.

6 Likes

I hide eye contact while Im out of building, bc I don’t want to get in trouble with no one. But then, if something bothers me, Ive got this look straight into eyes and like can you…
When Im with folks I know, I look naturaly.
I remember as teen I had trouble with look in eyes, because of fear. Now Im big and use it.

3 Likes

My eye contact is normal I think. I don’t stare at people and make them feel uncomfortable. Just look at them, maybe look a way for a second, I don’t know, whatever feels natural.

2 Likes

I can with some people… if unmedicated it is hard because of paranoia and thought broadcasting… before my first episode I had no problem with eye contact…

3 Likes

I try really hard to make eye contact. I had a therapist when I was a kid that was kind of obsessed with how terrible I was at it and made me practice a ton for years.

3 Likes

I have severe issues with awkwardness and can’t behave normally because of anxiety.

Are you better now? What did you do to get better?

1 Like

“OPPS I DID IT AGAIN!”

Perhaps A Brown Tounger Wants Conservativeship?

Just play the game @mister_lister . Why not use your intelligence to engage with other members than little side jokes your quite fond of. Please avoid the language and hope you decide to join the rest in some civil conversation.

2 Likes

I always look people on the eye. I used to suck at it, but being in groups and so on helped me to improve. Now it’s usually as a sign of openness, but for certain people I turn it on as a mental power trip, almost a challenge, and often those particular people will look away. Then it’s like a kind of acknowledgement.

2 Likes

I have looked into so many “eyes” I can sometimes tell what brand of tissue paper their hoarding.

1 Like

I apparently make eye contact well enough to pass as a neurotypical, but it’s distracting. Half my energy is diverted to maintaining body language my “presentation”. Draining. I prefer not to make eye contact when I don’t have to.

2 Likes

I’m funny about eye contact. When I’m calm and relaxed and among people I’m comfortable and familiar with, I have no trouble with eye contact.

But when nervous, paranoid, thought broadcasting or thought inserting, I have a horrendous time with eye contact and I can’t decide whether to make eye contact or look away. And all this indecision just makes all the above psychosis symptoms worse.

3 Likes

I usually look at the mouth

2 Likes

I used to have problems because I used to think people could read my mind if I did give them eye contact.

2 Likes