Schizophrenia.com

Poll: Eye ๐Ÿ‘€ contact

I usually look at the mouth

2 Likes

I used to have problems because I used to think people could read my mind if I did give them eye contact.

2 Likes

I donโ€™t make too much eye contact when Iโ€™m feeling sad because ppl can read my sadness and thatโ€™s a waste of time.

Aside from that, I make a usual amount of eye contact.

2 Likes

I make adequate eyecontact when feeling well, although some say my eyes stare/linger.
When Iโ€™m anxious or sad, I donโ€™t make more eyecontact than I absolutely have to.

Sometimes I feel paranoid my eyes will reveal my inner thoughts, so if Iโ€™m feeling emotional, I try to avoid it.

2 Likes

Yesterday I stayed home cos my niece husband was going to be around. I start getting thoughts like โ€œOh. Ainโ€™t he hot? Donโ€™t you want to go out with him?โ€ This shite is exhausting. So i stayed home and had butter chicken

2 Likes

You know the tenure of a person when you look them directly in the eye. Cos it doesnt lie.

Looking away from a person shows submissiveness as well and weakness.

2 Likes

For me it depends on the situation. If Iโ€™m with people I know well I think I pretty much make eye contact, but for instance when Iโ€™m tending to customers in the register I only look when Iโ€™m talking to them and try to not look at them too long when I say goodbye or whatever, I have experienced that it can be misinterpited if you look someone in the eyes for too long, like maybe you want something. Just have to follow my intuition.

1 Like

I will mention that I often use my auditory processing as an excuse - I need to be able to see lower face movements to figure out what someone is saying

1 Like

Making eye contact helps me see how other people actually feel, instead of just assuming they hate me. Itโ€™s good, you should give it a go x

1 Like

I just look at peopleโ€™s noses.

2 Likes

Its okay, they keep whiping, but I know what brand of toilet paper they use. โ€œBrown
Toungueโ€ Brand, โ€œThe Quicker Cleaner Upperโ€

I can, but donโ€™t like it.

1 Like

I had an astigmatism in one eye which would cause one eye to roll. Had a toric contact lense for awhile. Its gotten better and just wear normal lenses now, anyway to the point sometimes I go cross-eyed when people are too close so its common that I look away. It comes and goes.

1 Like

I can make eye contact. Iโ€™ve found it makes people uncomfortable if I hold it for too long, so I look away, then back every so often. It is a bit less confrontational.

Edit: or it makes ME uncomfortable.

1 Like

I like it when people look into my eyes. Feels like your making a soul connection.

1 Like