Eye contact? TW?

There’s something about it I don’t like, I feel like they can read into my soul, that they’ll be able to see my inner most. It’s something I can only do when I’m feeling more brave, and even then in short bursts.

It’s more comfortable with close family, but the further the social circle, the harder it gets and the more scared I become.

“Eyes betray the soul, and there is thinking” Rings true I suppose.

How do you feel about eye contact?

2 Likes

I, a few times in young adulthood, got comments that i made eye contact differently, maybe more freely and openly than others. In a way that people noticed. They said that it attracted the wrong people.

Now im a bit more guarded. I dont have a lot of issues with it, but had to do an “exercise” very recently having to make eye contact with someone i vaguely know. For 2 minutes. I found it very uncomfortable…I was sad at the time and could hide it just fine…until the exercise when i nearly started to cry. Found it very intense.

1 Like

I can’t really make eye contact at all ! But I think it’s just a symptom of the disease.

1 Like

I don’t know if I could handle that. 2 minutes seems like a lifetime.

1 Like

I can make and sustain eye contact. I’ve got nothing to hide and I’m no longer shy (I used to be when I was younger).

2 Likes

It was. I could barely handle it. Found it extremely unpleasant and did look away a few times.

1 Like

It depends on who I’m talking to, it the person gives me good eye contact I will try to maintain it, if the person looks away a lot I do the same to make them not feel uncomfortable.

2 Likes

Im not great with eye contact , I start thinking ok how long should I look? Ok that’s too much now I feel weird

2 Likes

I’m ok with it. But my best friend makes direct, constant eye contact and that makes me a little uneasy. She never looks elsewhere. It really bothers my husband when she does that

I don’t make eye contact. :pig2::pig2::pig2:

Me too. If I make eye contact I feel they can read my mind, so I don’t do this much and then only for a few seconds

1 Like

When I make eye contact I feel invaded. I feel like they are molesting or raping me. I hate it, it feels too intimate for me. I always have to prepare my mind before I can make eye contact. I don’t maintain it for too long though.

I rarely make eye contact. When I do I feel nothing special. Sometimes I am tempted to, as a sign of aggression. I feel like I can stare down king, beggar or killer equally well.

I didn’t really make eye contact with anyone until I was 16 and moved to another area where my new schoolmates told me in very clear terms how rude I was being for not even looking them in the eyes.
I still find it uncomfortable, but I want people to trust me, so I do it.
I think I’ve overcompensated, though, because I’ve been told by several people I have lingering eyes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.