Poll: Do you have trouble reading?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

I have no trouble with it but I canā€™t enjoy it anymore.

I canā€™t really read anything longer than a few paragraphs. But I have an app on my phone that speaks text. So I can now only ā€˜readā€™ electronic documents.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s that app? Iā€™m interested. Does it read pdf?

1 Like

Yes, does pdf and other formats too. itā€™s for android. Itā€™s called ā€˜@voice aloudā€™ reader. Iā€™d give it 10/10!

1 Like

Yes I do, but I think I am improving.

1 Like

I think with the addition of strattera my trouble reading has gone down to nothing. But before Yes I had trouble reading a few paragraphs.

I have a hard time with books or novels - I just cannot seem to focus.

I manage with shorter paragraphs etcā€¦

1 Like

its hard reading long passages here on this forum, i sometimes read a bit longer but not much, it depends on a lot of factors which i cannot describe rite now

2 Likes

I enjoy readingā€¦ I have a hard time focusing.

1 Like

I read really well. Iā€™m fortunate to have that ability, I didnā€™t realize that reading can often be very difficult for some of us.

I actually am quite good at reading. Literature and French were my forte in high school, and today I can read psychology articles and books incessantly.

Itā€™s mainly because I am a lazy reader and I save my focus and time (reading takes time) for things I am very interested in. I donā€™t read the newspaper or fiction. I just read for either my own curiousity about psychological things or for class and school I read psychological articles and books.

In my down time I have been outlining a history of psychology book, typing a thorough outline on Microsoft word if that says anything about my reading habits.

But ā€œtoo long didnā€™t readā€ or TLDR happens to me a lot, especially on social media, like when a friend posts an article, seldom do I actually read the articles.

I mean after reading hundreds of articles for my research I kind of donā€™t want to do intensive reading on lunch break or when I wake up, ect.

Before meds I had to read a few pages at a time and then set the book down and pick it back up, and sometimes I had to reread a page because my mind was just somewhere else.

1 Like

Is there anything similar to iPhone?

Thereā€™s a few:

Some free, some paid, but the paid ones donā€™t seem too expensive.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

I found voice reader web. Iā€™ll try it out. :slight_smile:

I have trouble reading. I can only concentrate long enough to read short paragraphs. I also read things that arenā€™t there. I go back and reread what I read and itā€™s not the same. The things that are not there tend to not make any sense.

1 Like

When I was first ill I couldnā€™t concentrate to read - immediately after psychosis I remember I couldnā€™t put two words together and just kept reading the same one word until I felt like screaming. Thatā€™s worn off and now I love a good book - but one thing I have learned - life is short and if a book doesnā€™t pull you in after 50 pages then ditch it and get another.

3 Likes

What dose of Stratera are you using? Do you have any ADHD or did your Pdoc give it to you for negative symptoms?

Cool - thanks for sharing!

Here are links to it:

and something similar on the iphone / pad

After my concussion I had a really hard time reading. I adjusted by using blue light therapy. I changed my computer screen to a blue tint and I bought blue sunglasses for reading books. It worked amazingly!

1 Like