POLL: Do you have periods of your life you don't remember?

• Yes, a lot.
  • Yes, some.
  • Yes, only a little.
  • No.

0 voters

3 Likes

I have the ability to look back on past events. But I can’t date anything or put it on some sort of timeline. So it’s sorta clustered in periods. What I can do to is remember most places I’ve been so that’s how I remember.

3 Likes

I really don’t remember much of my childhood before I moved the summer before 4th grade. Little bits here and there, but a lot is missing. Could be from what I hope is an isolated event that probably caused me trauma. But I really don’t know why so much is missing.

3 Likes

For some reason I don’t remember much about 1st-3rd grade. From about 6 to 8 I don’t remember much. I can remember bits and pieces but I can remember a lot about high school and the last 20 years.

2 Likes

I can’t remember anything. I live in the present. I have no memories.

3 Likes

No, I don’t. It may be because I’m still young, but I don’t have many gaps.

3 Likes

My main concern is not what I don’t remember. My main concern is what I remember that I’m not sure was real or a hallucination.

2 Likes

I have a photographic memory. I remember being 3-12 very clearly, I even remember being in my crib.

However I remember nothing much from 13-20 for some reason. I think it’s like repression since I had some really terrible times as a teenager.

For my earlier memories, they’re always confirmed by my family. It’s upsetting how much I remember.

I feel like a small child still. I definitely know how it feels to be a small child at least. Except now I’m expected to contribute to society as an adult, which I think is ■■■■■■■■.

When I remember it’s almost like a ptsd flashback. I smell something that triggers a memory and I remember being four with my mum coming back from preschool jumping in puddles, telling her about show and tell. I remember the clothes I wore too. The toys and friends I had. The things I learned at school.

It’s extremely upsetting. I already miss being a child, but it’s so much worse that I remember everything clearly like it was yesterday.

I remember past lives too, but I think that probably is delusions. However it started happening to me when I was young. The first time I had a strong flashback of a past life when I was five from listening to a specific song.

2 Likes

I don’t remember anything, really, from before 12, so about half of my life is missing.

3 Likes

I was just thinking about it yesterday before I made this post, and it just made me curious. I don’t remember being a baby-kindergarten, which I think is normal. Then, I remember some things during first grade-fifth grade. I remember more from sixth grade and seventh grade, but I barely remember anything really from eighth grade, during the school year too, but I remember a lot less during the summer of eighth grade. I went through a bad period of my life then, which lasted until about the mid-year of ninth grade. I barely remember anything during that period, and that’s when I started getting many of the symptoms I still have today. I had symptoms years before that, such as hallucinations, delusions, trouble concentrating, and trouble sleeping, but I got many more during the bad period and the ones I already had got worse. Since then, I have certain days or times I don’t remember, but I don’t think I have any long periods of time missing, like the year of eighth grade mid-year to ninth grade mid year.

2 Likes

I can’t remember a lot from my past.
But certain things I can.
It’s frustrating sometimes trying to remember.

3 Likes

Some days are better than others. But for the most part, I have a few significant memories, and the rest is all a blur.
I can’t even remember last week.

1 Like

I only remember bits and pieces. That’s all. Practically my whole life is vanished. I suffered severe abuse for the first 27 years of my life and severe emotional trauma for the following 28 years of my life, so, because of all that trauma, I don’t remember the vast majority of my life. And I don’t think about my past, ever. I live very much in the present, all of the time. The present is very good. The past is all bad.

1 Like

I’ve never had a period to my knowledge so possibly. Oh look there is one now. And another one! i guess I do have ones that I don’t remember.

Everyone forgets events to some extent. The same is so for me, but I do not have specific periods missing that I can’t remember so I answered “no”.

I’m sorry you’ve had to go through that. I’m glad the present is good for you.

I remember just the black days from when i was smoking weed, there was good days to but i donț remember then, i donț know why, it’s sad…

I remember but I also remember stuff that happened in parallel universes. It’s quite confusing. Everything that happened, before I got sick is a distant memory. It feels like 2 different people.

Some incidents of my life i cant remember but i also remember things happened before my birth !!!

Unless I read my book about my delusional journey I don’t remember most of it. Mainly because I trained myself to forget about it…when I read the book it all starts coming back and scares the hell outta me.