Poll: Are you improving compared to 2 years ago?

• Improving
  • Staying the same
  • Getting worse

0 voters

3 Likes

Since I’m unmedicated now, I’m about the equivalent of my unmedicated self then even with some differences in my symptoms.

4 Likes

Same man…!!! Low functioning…!!!

3 Likes

I would say I’ve definitely improved. I’ve learned better coping techniques, I’m happier, and I’m more focused :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’m better in some ways and worse in others. Though, I guess generally much better since 2 years ago today I was inpatient and now I’m doing alright. But more generally I’m about the same.

4 Likes

Despite a recent hospitalization, I’m way better. I drive now, my mood is super stable and my mind is clear, I feel smart, and I am getting over paranoia and past life trauma. The past life stuff is big for me. Only downside is I might be fatter, and I have mild psoriasis and mild eczema. I’m going to school in the fall. Currently I’m contributing to the household I’m a major way and I’m learning to develop websites. Right now I’m using go daddy website builder but we are switching over to another hosting company and going to use wordpress for ecommerce and other stuff. I’m also learning to work with others and I’m learning about marketing and advertising. This will help me when I run my own business someday.

4 Likes

Some things got a lot better for sure, but I have some new symptoms such as intrusive thoughts which I did not have in 2014. I also did not talk to myself much, it started in 2016.

2 Likes

2 years ago I was just learning my diagnosis. I was still believing a lot of the delusions were real. I know am I able to tell myself it is just a delusion even if it feels real. I have also come to terms with I will be taking medication for the rest of my life.

4 Likes

Definitely better. I was having a hard time telling the difference between being awake and being asleep 2 years ago. Now that hardly happens anymore.

2 Likes

May be the same if not getting worse

3 Likes

about the same, delusions are getting better where my negatives have gotten worse. Evens out I guess

2 Likes

way better. my paranoia is gone, my racing thoughts are gone

3 Likes

I have been the same for decades…no improvement but no regression either…so I’m happy.

3 Likes

Summer 2013 I had lost my mind… After 2 psych ward visits, 5 different SGAs, Lithium added on (Oxcarbazepine/Trileptal sucked), quit smoking cannabis, quit using cocaine, have been illicit substance free since late June 2017, finally (hopefully done with all school forever) can relax, the answer is…

400% better than where I was 2 years ago. People who talk to me tell my brothers, “It is amazing, it is like I am talking to a completely different person.” Some say “It is jaw dropping how much he has changed.” All positives here, just work with psychologists and psychiatrists be honest and get help. THERE IS HOPE AND YOU CAN LIVE A NORMAL LIFE AGAIN, TRUST ME!

Good luck everyone!

7 Likes

Better. I was doing okay, but I still lived in an apartment in HB and I just wasn’t as happy. Had more problems with staying sober. And when I was broke I would sometimes pick up cigarette butts. Stopped doing that a little later, but it was gross and dangerous. Much better since I moved to our new place last January. Not as angry all the time and I handle things a little bit better now, so I have a better attitude and ability to ignore voices when they pop up.

2 Likes

yes, my mental health has improved

3 Likes

My positives have stayed the same but the negatives have gotten way worse.

5 Likes

I am living independently now as opposed to supported housing and on Friday I have an appointment with someone to start voluntary work.

I am on less medication than I was. So I have improved.

3 Likes

I’ve had a rough month but I think I’m improving cause now I’m actually trying to address my problems

2 Likes

I’d say my negatives have gotten worse.

6 Likes