Poll: Are you improving compared to 2 years ago?

Definitely improving. Two years ago, neighbors couldn’t walk past me without me grabbing my knife in my pocket in case they came too close. I would memorize the license plates of all the cars that passed me and the intersections of street names that I walked near so that I could tell the cops what cars kidnapped me and where. I would call my pdoc, hysterical, from the bathroom not knowing what to do about the people downstairs because I was scared to call the cops because I was worried they would shoot my dog if they had to bust in (I had a 220 lb. dog at the time and he was quite intimidating). I couldn’t leave the house at all, and most days I wouldn’t leave my bedroom even to eat.

Saphris isn’t perfect- I still hear people sometimes, and I still see demons and am scared a lot, but I am nowhere near as bad as I was. It has made a huge difference for me.

4 Likes

Age seems to make things easier! Would say I’m improving and think that increasing my exercise has delivered some good results!

6 Likes

Age definitely makes things better. Better meds and better coping skills over time helps a lot. Arthritis pain helped with CBD, Naproxen, yoga and meditation. Anxiety helped with CBD, Klonipin, yoga and meditation.

2 Likes

Considering where I was 2 years ago and the time before that I’m doing a lot better. Steadily but surely I’m making progress. I’m not hallucinating, no delusional thinking, not talking to myself, paranoia crops up from time to time, voices are virtually non existent, have maintained stable weight, maintained stability for the past 8 months, been compliant with my medication, don’t have suicidal thoughts, haven’t been feeling strong negative emotions and overall I’m managing the illness very well.

It seems that with time the severity of the illness has started to subside. There are days where my mind is very clear and everything seems to connect but it’s not a regular thing just yet. However, I’ve been sleeping alright but there are days when my mind becomes too active while sleeping which is something I hope also goes away with time.

Overall slight negative symptoms and the side effects of the medication are lingering. Hopefully it continues like this and things keep progressing to point where this goes into remission or is at the lowest point of activity.

3 Likes

Yes i think i improved. Last time i was in hospital was three years ago. Since then i have stabilised quite nicely on my two meds amisulpride (200mg)and olanzapine (2,5mg). I still occasionally hear voices and get anxiety and depression sometimes but most days I can cope. As long as i dont have a lot of stress.

3 Likes

Same for now. I say for now, because I’m still getting used to my meds.

4 Likes

A little better…I’m more hopeful now. Getting older with age has helped. I’m monitoring myself more. Checking on my current condition and then trying to figure out what to do to help. I also am socializing more.

3 Likes

All of the above.

2 Likes

You know what, its up and down up and down. But mostly down LBVS

2 Likes

Compared to 2 years ago, NO.
Compared to the recent past, ABSOLUTELY YES.

6 Likes

I can never remember anything from my past nor do I tend to think about it anymore. So I can’t really say if I’ve improved. But I know I’ve gotten better at fighting psychosis. Negative symptoms I bring on in my own life through bad choices. Such as gambling.

2 Likes

15 characters…

1 Like

More peace of mind, heads more clear. I’m working on overcoming fear. Enjoying and appreciating nature, just feels great driving down tree-lined streets often. I kind of worked out a truce with kids. I don’t bug the teenagers and just let them do their thing and they see that and let me alone. Because, at the end of the day, all I really want is to get from Point A to Point B with minimal interference. So I guess I’m less paranoid.

Two years ago I was sharing a tiny room with a 27 year old veteran who lived on the streets for 8 months. The board & care was downtown and that meant plenty of homeless, street people, the little gang-bangers, and lots of college kids. Walking down the street could go from peaceful to chaos in a second.

But it doesn’t matter at all though. I moved out and now I’m living in a nice apartment, in a nice neighborhood. Its peaceful, quiet, and the neighbors mind their own business. The other disabled tenants, are OK, I’m only having problems, as far as I know, with only one 30 year old guy who lives above me. I asked my roommate if the guys a bully, my roommate says yes. For reasons you people don’t know, hearing that this guy is a bully is the best news I’ve got since Social Security awarded me SSDI! It makes me happy as when the soldiers at work act like cowards.

I rarely even see him outside or any of the other people in my building. I could see being here for years. The rent is $500 a month. And this is CALIFORNIA! I think I have the best deal on rent in the state. For a two bedroom apartment with plenty of storage space. Anyways, my circumstances have sure improved, my symptoms come and go, not as intense as years ago. My mind is more peaceful than two years ago.

Do you guys see why I tell people that seemingly hopeless situations can turn around and get better?

4 Likes

Talking about negative symtomwise worse by FAR just feel emotionally stunted makes me envy people on the bus etc having a blast with their friends :disappointed:

1 Like

I’m definitely improved from two years ago. Then, I was super paranoid and low cognition. Now my cognitive abilities are mostly normal and I’m not paranoid at all anymore. My negatives have improved a bit too.

2 Likes

Overall I am improving compared to 2 years ago. My positive symptoms were completely gone, my cognitive ability has been improving, I’m motivated and no longer depressed. however my agitation stayed the same level and my fatigue got worse. I’m now trying different supplements to combat the fatigue and agitation. I don’t want to change meds because staying on the same meds for long time has its great benefit.

3 Likes

well, two years ago i was self harming everyday and becoming more and more paranoid everyday and shirking all my responsibilities, and now im medicated and rarely self harm and am preparing for college so id say im doing better

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.