POLL. Am I a troll?

Are they fakes?

I think everyone is a know it all troll because you can dr googlesearch everything. Some people do.

1 Like

Trolls do a number of things. One is they start arguments or flame wars. They can do it by arguing for a position that is very controversial they may not exactly support or feel strongly about. Another way of trolling is to argue for the side you are against but make the arguments bad or lead towards the side you support.

2 Likes

Being intelligent with psychosis/schizophrenia isn’t always a good thing. A mix of lack of insight and high intelligence can result in a person constructing very articulate and complex, but false, reasons as to why they’re not mentally ill. That can be very hard for a pdoc to treat.

1 Like

A troll is someone who lies online or posts offensive things, with the intention of baiting people into raging.

@NotSeksoEmpirico you’re not a troll, but you are mentally ill and lack insight to admit it.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree with Miika. Your not a troll and your not faking SZ.

1 Like

Oh, so a troll is just argumentative in order to be argumentative. I get it.

As long as you don’t live under a bridge, eat small children and turn to stone at daylight you are probably okay. If that is happening, you should probably see your doctor.

2 Likes

Trolling can be more than arguments too. For instance a troll on this website might post triggers in innocent seeming ways, or maybe just blatantly. Trolls sometimes use irony such as sarcasm to say something but mean the opposite, for example if I made a post saying how fulfilling and enjoyable my sex life is on Invega. Trolls could also try to derail a thread in various ways. You just have to use your imagination about the various ways you can disrupt the function of the board you are posting to.

1 Like

Hang on a minute. Is this a penis joke?

“Behold my noodly appendage!”

1 Like

I sincerely think that the troll concept and role is a bit above my head.

IDK. Do you want to be a troll?

2 Likes

No, not at all.

The term is kind of mean…that’s all I got on that.

You can interpret it any way you wish.

@SkinnyMe, I was responding to @NotSeksoEmpirico.

Do you remember that time Chess asked you if he could be your supervisor? LOL!

Now, what’s your motive behind that?

Nothing. I just thought it was funny at the time. I’m sorry if I caused any offense.

:v:

1 Like

It can be used as an insult but really it’s a descriptive word for a certain kind of person on the internet who goes to chat rooms or message boards like this one and disrupts the conversations with provocative or inflammatory or insulting posts to upset people or to get some reaction like that. The troll does this for his own pleasure.

Some people just do it occasionally and they are said to be “trolling”.