Please help me understand air conditioning

I try to understand. I really do. But I just can’t understand why does everyone like the air conditioner on so low. I put the heat on 72 in the winter and everyone acts like they are freezing to death. But somehow they want the air conditioner on 68. Why? I don’t understand. I have to wear a coat, a robe or a blanket in my house in the middle of summer because these people are insane. I just don’t understand. And they don’t seem to have a logical explanation for it either.

2 Likes

My friend always all summer complained it was too hot. Then winter comes it’s too cold. I agree winter is too cold. But summer is not to complain about in my region. Just cuz it’s humid and gets up to 100…it can be worse. Being isolated to indoors because cold i can’t stand

1 Like

My house just feels hotter in the summer and colder in the winter even though we keep it at the same temperature year round

2 Likes

Your nature is cold, we have the same problem here with my mun,

1 Like

I like heat and try not to use the a/c

2 Likes

When I volunteered last Friday, the office manager had a space heater on even though it was 85 outside. I guess the air conditioning was too cold for her.

I keep my A/C and heat on 70.

2 Likes

I put the A/C on 78 and the heat on 64.

I don’t care if I’m cold in the winter, but I hate being hot in the summer, I’ll even wear shorts in 50 something degree weather

I keep my AC at 66 and heat in the winter I keep at 70. My body doesn’t regulate temperatures well. I overheat very easily and do not like being warm. In the winter I like to be under a blanket, but not to keep warm. It’s just comfy. And central air doesn’t heat up the same way that summer heat does. It’s more dry, easier to get cold.

Coming in from the cold, you need it warmer than you think to get warmed up and start warm. Same as coming in from the heat you need it cooler than you think to cool down and stay cool.

I don’t have this same problem with a wood burning stove as I do with central air. Not sure why.

2 Likes

I’m always cold in the morning and hot in the evening. And I like the temperature at around 76 degrees year round.

1 Like

When I’m home alone I put it to 65. I love the cold.

2 Likes

Dont have AC really here in the UK - its never ruddy hot enough!
Heatings usually on at 23 C. tho in my flat - cos im bang on the seafront
and the wind from the sea can be bitter in winter.

We put the heat on 68 in the winter here.
In my room I put the air conditioner at 18 Celsius (64.4f)

I’d make it colder but thats as cold as my ac goes :smile:

1 Like

it’s 78 for ac? And then cold for heat at 64?

1 Like

A lot of people do that to save electricity.

Yeah, I try not to run either the AC or the heat much so I put the temperature set point for AC at 78 and for heat at 64. Also, my thermostat is downstairs on the first level, so if I set the heat to anything more than 64, it gets too warm on the second level since I don’t have a dual system.

2 Likes

The a/c is on 75 F year-round (never use heat).

1 Like

I keep the ac in my room at 68. That’s upstairs and it’s just for one room.

My wife will put the ac downstairs up to 75 in the daytime but she turns it down to 65 when she goes to sleep.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.