Personality Disorders

Have you ever seen those tests that rate you low-severe on criteria for each personality disorder? I know those can’t replace a clinician’s diagnosis but I find them very interesting to give an idea of what traits you fit. I’ve struggled a lot lately with feeling like I’m both borderline and histrionic (ive read most people who have a personality disorder actually have multiple), as I’ve analyzed my behavior and thought patterns and how i react and interact. I also feel more hesitant to recognize them as problems compared to psychotic symptoms or anxiety which i can easily write off as being mental problems needing treatment, which I guess fits the typical frame a personality disorder. I also fit a lot of traits for schizotypal, but I think anyone with a psychotic disorder would and thats why theyre mutually exclusive diagnoses. Apparently personality disorders taken as a whole are the most common psychiatric diagnosis, even more than depression or anxiety, so I would imagine atleast some people on a forum of mentally ill people would suffer from a personality disorder? Have you ever been diagnosed/suspected that you have one? Where do you fall on the personality disorder tests?

1 Like

From similarminds:

A little surprised at the schizotypal result, but I’m feeling pretty even-keeled right now, and I also suspect people who consider themselves odd are more likely to be drawn to this test than others.

Not at all surprised about the avoidant result, except that perhaps it’s lower than expected.

If I had taken this between the ages of 14 and 22, my borderline/histrionic results would have been off the charts.

3 Likes

My pdoc made me do the real tests with a therapist and I scored high on schizotypal, paranoid and schizoid.

1 Like

:thinking:
i feel like scoring high on any cluster a pd’s is a given if you have schizophrenia/schizoaffective disorder, and i think my ocd gives a false positive for ocpd (i dont see the obsessions as good or neccessary, theyre a problem and bother me), but i score fairly high for cluster b pd’s except for antisocial…

2 Likes

Did you get this from similarminds? I am keeping it forever :joy_cat:

6 Likes

I was diagnosed schizotypal before schizophrenia.

1 Like

What a lot of war of words! I don’t know the definitions of any of them except paranoid. And all those terms are making me paranoid …:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thats weird i scored high for borderline and low for schizotypal…

Personality Disorder Test Results

Paranoid |||||||||||||| 51%
Schizoid |||||||||| 37%
Schizotypal |||| 19%
Antisocial |||||||||| 31%
Borderline |||||||||||||||||| 71%
Histrionic |||||||||||||||| 63%
Narcissistic |||||||||||||| 52%
Avoidant |||||||||||||||||| 73%
Dependent |||||||||||||||| 61%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||| 21%
*scores in gray are the average web score

2 Likes
Disorder Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: High
Schizotypal: Moderate
Antisocial: Moderate
Borderline: High
Histrionic: Low
Narcissistic: Low
Avoidant: High
Dependent: High
Obsessive-Compulsive: Low

I was diagnosed avoidant before everything else.

I scored low/average for schizoid and schizotypal. Maybe I’m not schizophrenic after all? Are they related?

It doesn’t look very reliable…

Personality Disorders
Paranoid 39%
Schizoid 55%
Schizotypal 16%
Antisocial 25%
Borderline 40%
Histrionic 12%
Narcissistic 12%
Avoidant 48%
Dependent 36%
Obsessive-Compulsive 61%
1 Like

how do you do this?

I was wondering the same. I mean, I’ve already been diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic, but this makes me very curious, but very paranoid at the same time. But more curious than not

Dictator seems pretty cool. :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah, but then maybe also international spy? Maybe history professor/mercenary…

1 Like

Bounty hunter is both sexy and adventurous.

4 Likes

Can I get a link to that test? I wanna have job suggestions too :rofl:

1 Like

http://similarminds.com/personality_test.html

Watch out - my partner took it and hers were all “kindergarten teacher” and “stay at home mom” and “receptionist” and “wedding planner”.

3 Likes

Need no more prove to belong to this community lol. Job suggestions are “very accurate”… Though not every fits. Baker and horse trainer couldn’t be more inaccurate. :smiley:

2 Likes