Personal experiences with Latuda?

I take injectable invega. I’m curious how Latuda would be. I heard you have to take it with food and it can cause severe anxiety. What are the pros and cons of Latuda?

1 Like

I don’t have any side effects from it except nausea if you take it on an empty stomach.

Its my best AP with no side effects at 80mg.
At 120mg I get akathisia.

1 Like

Hey @Solidus, I found lurasidone did not much to curb my psychotic symptoms. As with most anti-psychotics, It took my anxiety down a notch from terror to extreme anxiety. After someone here at the forum told me to take it with a good dose of food, I found it much more effective in this regard. My pdoc has since changed me to saphris. So I guess you could say I gave up on lurasidone. The main message I have to share with you is that it was way more effective when taken with a big meal.

1 Like

It doesnt cause me an upset stomach if I dont take it with food. I think they recommend taking it without atleast 300 to 400 calories because it makes the medication more effective. I admit I dont always take it with food. I also find that it still works if I dont take it with food. Everybody’s different though.

1 Like

Latuda did nothing for me

1 Like