Schizophrenia.com

People with Uteruses Only

Tampons were invented the summer I was 17. I was away at a camp. All the girls in my cabin were trying them and there was a lot of giggling about them!

2 Likes

I didn’t even think about women that no longer have uteruses. Ugh! I was trying to be inclusive for a trans f-m.

3 Likes

From around 9-12. My daughter started at 10. She’s 11 now. So, not a teen yet.

It comes from the word “between” (as in between a kid and a teen), but makes a play on the word teen.

2 Likes

My oldest daughter and I had an afternoon of laughter and crying when I tried to help her. She was 12 at the time. My youngest daughter had no problem with it.

1 Like

It’s ok. I figured that out. I no longer have a uterus, but I had one before so I thought this thread applied to me. I’m assuming others recognized that too

3 Likes

Definitely get her a menstrual cup. If you’re a dude I’d have a female explain the birds and the bees to her. (If possible)

1 Like

I used tampons as a 13 year old girl and didn’t break my hymen. That’s just an old wives tale.

1 Like

I still use tampons from time to time and those things are really uncomfortable sometimes still. If you slide em in at the wrong angle :triangular_ruler:

1 Like

I started using these last year…

1 Like

Was there supposed to be a link or a picture?

1 Like

So, I tried to talk about tampons with her today. She flipped out and left the room. So, I guess she had today’s pool party figured out at least?

2 Likes

You ladies and your threads :crazy_face:

2 Likes

@rocket , I meant I just started using tampons last year. I was kind of weirded out about them for a long time.

1 Like

My periods started at 14. I learned then.

2 Likes

I always hated tampons. They are too abrasive. Once I tried a menstrual cup for the first time, I was an absolute believer. They are silicone, which is WAY comfier going in and out. But I was already fully grown and like 5 years into having regular sex by that point. I dont know how it might feel to someone who has never had anything up there. I also use the June cup.

1 Like

I don’t like tampons either. But for me, not just because they are abrasive but just also because I prefer no foreign objects in my body.

So I use pads.

Bit messy but it feels safer.

1 Like

With pads I never fail to leak. Wings. No wings. Doesn’t matter

1 Like

I use a sanitary pad. I kind of want to try the cup and see if this is a good option for me.

1 Like

Reasons I love the June cup:

• it is smooth and doesn’t scrape the walls of the vagina as it goes in or out
  • it costs $7 one time as opposed to $15 a month for a new box
  • zero waste
  • can stay in all day without getting gross
  • if you’re at a friend’s house, you don’t have to worry about whether they have a decent garbage can in their bathroom
  • it was invented after the trans renaissance, and has only ever been marketed towards “people who menstruate” as opposed to “women”
  • it is easy to use in a men’s public restroom without calling attention to yourself
  • easy to clean
  • it is oddly satisfying to dump all the blood out at the end of the day
1 Like

If it gets full, does it go splosh splosh when you move around? :sweat_smile:

1 Like