People are funny. Not

My roommate. We have common areas in the apartment and the living room is one of them. I wanted it to be as normal as possible. For the first three months he was here he kept several boxes of junk in there. I finally said something and he moved them to the storage space where they belonged.

I didn’t want to be too strict (on the advice of someone on this site) so when I relaxed he put stuff in the living room again. He got back from a trip about a month ago. While he was gone one of the living room plants died so I pulled it out by the roots and set the pot discreetly under a table until I bought a new plant and transplanted it into the pot.

Well, we were talking two nights ago and he complained about the pot. I admit I’ve been lazy about going to the nursery and getting a new plant; I’m planning on going tomorrow.

But he has nerve though. Here’s a list of what he keeps in the living room: a crock pot, a foot washer/basin, a pedal exercise machine, a toaster, laundry detergent, a big bottle of vinegar, several paper bags of fresh vegetables and a bag of some junk and a box of his canned health drinks! He’s not planning on moving any of that stuff (until I confront him tonight) but he has the nerve to complain about one small pot under an end table! It’s ridiculous and hard to believe. The guy is clueless.

3 Likes

Sounds like my mom, honestly. She does crap like that all the time. For example, if she takes a nap during the day, she expects complete silence. Dog can’t bark, she has complained that I walk too loud, type too loud, dad playing solitaire 3 rooms away is too loud, cant wash dishes, bird cant chirp, etc etc.

But If I take a nap she is slamming doors, screaming to people 3 rooms away, asking my dad to vacuum, etc etc.

The hypocracy is amazing. She is like that on a lot of things but thats one example.

Anyway, I feel your pain on this one.

3 Likes

I’ve come across stuff like this. Or people who will point out something small you did when they have a gaping hole in their face so to speak. Priorities I guess. Maybe he prioritizes a plant over a bunch of ■■■■ scattered around idk doesn’t make sense to me.

1 Like

If i fart or burp my Mom throws a fit and says its not funny/ being crude and immature but then she will let rip the nastiest smelliest farts and start laughing

1 Like

I could give endless examples of similar hypocracy :

Heres another one. She constantly reminding me to wash my hands for a solid 30 seconds before dishing up food when we eat, or pour potato chips instead of reaching in the bag. She is a complete and total germaphobe. and then I will watch her grossly picking at her teeth and then go dish up stuff and then she’s offended I dont want to eat stuff shes touched.

2 Likes

That sounds like me I will complain to my Mom about digging in the trash but I will pick my butt or my crotch and touch things all the time

2 Likes

My mom has gotten really offended before when I dont want to eat stuff she’s touched. She’s all like “I’m the cleanest person in the house!”.

Whatever tooth picker. lol.

3 Likes

Haha toothpicker thats funny. I go nuts when my Mom digs through the trash or forgets to wash her hands after doing the cat box

2 Likes

I think I’m going to throw up.

2 Likes

Well if it makes you feel any better I do it through my shorts :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

@Bowens

You got me ROFL :grin:

1 Like

A bit of an exageration here, but it amused me how it turned out.

3 Likes