Paranoid about police

My roommates said that there were cops parked outside our house, watching the place. I’m so scared that they’re going to come for me.

I’ve been talking openly about my unusual beliefs recently and I’m scared that they’ve somehow read my thoughts and are putting me under surveillance

Cops have much more important things to do. They often park near my house to stop cars who don’t do their stops or who speed.

2 Likes

Apparently they were there for like 20mins, legit just watching our house

1 Like

Maybe they’re just on the phone or using their computer? They do that here sometimes. Do you have criminals in your building? I don’t think so.

1 Like

Don’t give them a reason to arrest or detain you and they can do nothing.

1 Like

I’m just really scared that they know what I know

You’ll be ok. I’m sure of it.

1 Like

Thanks I sure hope so

yea try to stop worrying about it, it’s prob nothing… i do understand you feel like this though but try to think about other things.

1 Like

I will do my best to keep my mind off of things. They haven’t come back since so maybe there’s another explanation?

yea there prob is another explanation for it for sure. Try to stop watching for them too… like do some other things and try to get your mind on different thoughts than checking for them constantly.

1 Like

1 Like

maybe they’re trying to catch speeders, or there was a dispute in your neighborhood.
they could be trying to keep you safe.
However, not trying to scare ya,
but I saw on PBS documentary,
male schizophrenic was living with his dad, and chose not to take his meds
and his care team called the police to take him to hospital,
and when he was out, the second time he did it, they took him to jail!
the system is so broken.
His dad was supportive, or on the fence of his decision, because he was so convincing that he didn’t need them, and didn’t want to take them,
and on the outside, he appeared that way. Then to avoid this, he lived the streets away from the cops coming to get him.
just a real sad story. sorry for rambling.
feel for ya.

1 Like

Thanks @Daze I’ve had the cops called on me before, when I was unwell. I’m really scared of cops now

1 Like

yeah, the last year, here in my town, the cops have been called to check on my welfare, but we were just at the door talking, nobody came to haul me away, but when my parents did it to me, they had a court order, and the cops came right into my house without even knocking and took me to psych ward, against my will. I put up a fuss at first, but then went willingly. Both times I’ve never ha a suicidal plan, I just told my mom, this life is too hard. but no, I never wanted to die.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve had both as well. Simple wellness check and a pink slip

1 Like

Cops make me nervous too and I’m a law abiding citizen.
I think it’s common with a psychotic disorder.

Unless you broke the law you have nothing to worry about @anon2818416.

But I become uneasy around authority figures like cops.

3 Likes

Thanks @Wave I’m just really worried that they’ve read my thoughts

2 Likes

same here =/

3 Likes

They’re not involved, in my best estimate.

2 Likes