Out of desperation I've decided to try slimfast

I just want to jump start my weight loss. Get myself in losing mode. Shrink my stomach. Get off the soda and candy. So I got enough Slimfast for a month. Slimfast is a meal replacement shake. You drink your meal instead of eating. Then on top of the shakes I will eat all the fruits and veggies I want. I’m planning on exercising everyday too. I’m hoping to lose 10 pounds in one month. The shakes should be here either today or tomorrow, until then I’ve just been eating a lot of veggies and trying to stay away from too much sugar. I hope this works I just gotta lose some weight. My goal is to lose 80 pounds in a year. Wish me luck.

2 Likes

Good luck :+1::four_leaf_clover: !!!

1 Like

Good luck
Although I don’t think I could drink those yukki shakes
I take garlic tablets and don’t have sugar cravings as bad now
I try walk one hour a day except Sunday
I started Pilates and I eat one meal a day always including steamed vegetables

2 Likes

@shellys12 are you trying to lose weight?

Yes and it’s starting to come off although slowly
I have lost 3 lbs and recently have stayed the same

1 Like

That’s great. They say losing it slowly is the way to keep it off. Good job! I have 80 pounds to lose. It seems like it’s impossible.

Be determined and you’ll do it
I have big belly I want to flatten it more I don’t like people giving me their seat on the bus
You can diet and still enjoy food just choose healthier stuff

1 Like

I will, I am. No more soda’s and candy for me. I’m doing this! Good luck to you too @shellys12

2 Likes

Since i take half the medication i am more aware if i am hungry and what i eat. I am loosing slowly weight. I realized for example that i eat chocolate bars on a regular basis all my life. I definitely cut them down to one or two a week. Good luck :wink:

2 Likes

You can do it @Leaf! Rooting for you!

2 Likes

Good Luck my Friend. Send some of your wieght my way! My BMI is borderline under! My brother went on Slimfast - and he lost a good few pounds. Im the opposite lol - ive got Complans in the cupboard.

1 Like

I hope it works out for you!

Cutting out soda definitely helps. I gave up my beloved ginger ale when I went on Zyprexa in mid-March. My belly is much flatter. I still have 38 pounds to lose to get to my short-term weight loss goal, but giving up the soda makes a big difference in how my belly looks.

1 Like

Losing weight requires patience. Wish you good luck, @Leaf

2 Likes

I think the best thing we can do to keep a balanced weight is to have a balanced diet. I considered meal replacements before when i was trying to get control over my eating but i dont think theyre the best. Maybe just try to plan a few meals with your specific macro (fats, proteins, carbs) requirements.

For example your requirements may be 50g of protein, 200g of carbs and 4 tbsp of fat per day resilting in 2400 calories

Take that and divide it into three meals. The results should be pretty simple. Something like. 1 cup pasta, or 1 cup rice or 1 cup potatoes for carbs. Maybe 1 tbsp of oil. And 1 cup of some protein source like beans, tofu, or meat. Then add to that a large salad.

Simple way to remember it is

1/2 the plate vegetables/salad
1/4 of the plate carbs
1/4 of the plate protein

Then pour a tablespoon of butter/dressing over it. I think the key is not “losing weight” per se but gaining control of eating. Ive gone back and forth between eating way to much and starving myself, i think the key is complete balance.

Also one thing that makes us eat more than we need is salt because it makes the body retain water which increases its virility and desire to consume more

2 Likes

I have 60 pounds to lose so I know how you feel. I’ve lost 15 pounds already by fasting. I have a cheat day once a week.

1 Like

Good luck! If you want to eat all the fruits and veggies you want, when the month is up you could try weight watchers.

1 Like

A coule years ago I cut sugar and lost a lot of weight fast. Now I eat what Iwant in small portions. I tried Slim Fast a long time ago but didn’t do well on it. It messes with how you poo. Worst was a grapefruit juice diet I tried. Ugh! Bad stomach.

2 Likes

I had success with Slim Fast,

Lost about 30lbs.

2 Likes

I think weight watchers helps you with portion control

1 Like

Wow I didn’t know Slim Fast still existed. Good luck, if I remember correctly those shakes aren’t half bad.

1 Like