Only psychiatrists and mentally ill people believe I have sz

My soon to be ex wife couldn’t believe it when I was first diagnosed, and we’ve been together for over 20 years. Neither did my friends. They dismissed my diagnosis as “outlandish”. Admittedly I feel confused at times, but that’s to be expected when you run perilous thought-experiments tinged by existential concerns.

2 Likes

Who are you trying to continually convince that you’re not ill ? Just curious.

Is it us or yourself?

1 Like

We are essentially the same person. But maybe I don’t mean this, I could be an unconscious troll. I’m not to be trusted, not even when I say this.

1 Like

Dude, your not everyone. You are suffering from a solipsism delusion. Take your meds.

2 Likes

Solipsism is not a delusion.

2 Likes

Be you no matter what they call you.

1 Like

I’m sure that’s because you don’t share your delusions as openly with everyone else.

2 Likes

Sometimes very intelligent people can give very articulate, though still delusional, reasons why they don’t have a serious mental illness

4 Likes

I believe in solipsism too. It’s natural to me. I am like a child who hasn’t developed the notion of the other and sees everything as self

1 Like

djekgje;fkrekfd-3i4939frkd;dkfk3-33=fiedpfdld;d;d'dke03oerkrpedkoepe-3o

I think ruminating about existensial issues at a regular basis is a indicator for sz, at least if you feel that your thoughts control you rather than the other way around.

1 Like

I guess this is my new normality.

And yet you’re a fairly successful social animal. We/I solipsists are cruelly misunderstood creatures, I literarally believe myself to be a blameless cosmic monster.

1 Like

I don’t quite follow.

When I was working on a mental health ward no one there knew my dx and they’d tell me things about patients that they probably would not have if they had known me as a patient…

1 Like

The important thing is how your beliefs are affecting your daily functioning.

1 Like

The worst thing about it is not taking your meds.

At worst I’m such a mild case that I don’t need them

A lot of people are ignorant of what mental illness actually is. I’ve had friends and family doubt that I have an illness. It wasn’t because they knew more than the doctors - it was because they knew next to nothing about it.
I think you should ask yourself - “who has more credentials on this subject”? And chances are it will be the ones getting paid to assist vulnerable people live their lives and who has studied seven years plus to do so.

I half agree with what you said, but those closest to us are better placed than doctors to assess our degree of functioning.