Online Dating Site for the Mentally Ill

After being diagnosed with schizophrenia my love life kinda took a nose dive.

Just talking about dating with @Speedy in @Zoe thread about how hard it is to find someone that won’t mind that I have schizophrenia. It gave me the thought, is there an online dating site for people with mental illnesses? Regular dating sites didn’t work out too good. Turns out there is.

It’s called No Longer Lonely.

Anyone here tried it or heard anything about it?

6 Likes

I wouldn’t tell ppl that I have sz on first date. Let them know you well before telling them. I tried no longer lonely, didnt like it and it was almost empty. I didnt see any with sz, mostly bipolar or anxiety or depression. No one near my area.

2 Likes

That’s disappointing to hear.

I tried waiting a while once, I think about a month, before telling a woman and she got mad at me for not telling her upfront. I think she was mad at maybe developing feelings and then finding out I had schizophrenia. I don’t really know, but she wasn’t happy. That came to an end.

I usually tell the woman within the first couple days but it never goes well.

3 Likes

No Longer Lonely is sort of a fire dumpster. Some of the people on there have serious issues. Plus I can never find anyone from my area on there.

@Headspark I don’t mean to discourage you though from trying it out. You might have some good luck with it.

4 Likes

Maybe see if there’s someone in your area on no longer lonely.

1 Like

Why are you telling them within a couple days? You’re shooting yourself in the foot.

Like I said above, I waited about a month and got shot in the foot anyways.

I was on it for years, no one in my area and the only reply I ever got on it was wishing me a happy birthday

3 Likes

Ok, so it’s good to be honest. I get that. But within two days you’re not in any sort of relationship with the women, you should go out with them and have a good time. Maybe after a year and she says she wants to move in with you or something, then maybe tell her. If you’re on meds and you’re not a risk to anyone don’t feel like one.

1 Like

I dunno, I guess maybe I gotta try and make a judgment call when to tell them. Maybe a couple days is too early, but I think a year is too long, I tried a month and that didn’t work out either. If a woman held out a major secret on me for a year, like she had a kid or something, I would be upset. I’ve dated a woman with kids before, that’s not the problem, but she told me fairly soon.

1 Like

I just use Tinder, cause I’m basic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

My brother got invited to those love and dating TV shows where they film your whole life lol He refused. Maybe get in one of those, you get money and you get the women at the same time :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

In my mind not telling can be interpreted as either you’re hiding something, or you don’t think it’s a big deal. I think you think it’s a big deal so you automatically feel guilty about hiding something. When you tell someone “I should let you know I have schizophrenia”, is not interpreted as honesty, it’s interpreted as a warning. You have to convince yourself it’s not a big deal, and if you stay medicated it’s not.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh I would love to be on a dating show :rofl: show the whole world my crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well i am stable and in my mind it isn’t a big deal because of that, but in the women’s minds I have dealt with it does seem like a big deal to them. I guess I’ll just keep muddling along and hopefully get lucky one of these days, run into a woman that doesn’t think it is a big deal or willing to give me a chance after finding out.

1 Like

Maybe when you make your profile say things like you’re not interested in having kids, like to read Foucault, fascinated with simulation theory, interested in time travel, asking existential questions, value your alone time, questioning reality… I don’t know but filter out the ones who will be put off the most.

2 Likes

This statement is making me roflmao :rofl:

I guess this site isn’t the greatest.

It really is a judgement call. I feel for ya because it truly is soupy waters to tread in.

Some women are so intelligent you could tell them in a day, but others who aren’t very educated about mi it will take a little time to feel out how their reaction might be.

3 Likes

There is a dating site for mentally ill here in Denmark. I was one a date with a 20 year younger girl who looked stunning on the profile picture. Sadly she did not look like that in IRL.

I have only been contacted by borderliners, and i’m not strong enough to date someone with a borderline diagnosis.

You can write on your profile that you have “neuropsychiatric disease” but it’s in remission and in general you are a happy person etc… Then you are honest without mentioning you are schizophrenic.

1 Like

lol if you wanna talk to a bunch of crazy people try a flat earth dating site :joy:

2 Likes