One can dream ✨

What are some of your dreams?

I am dreaming of becoming popular. Own a penthouse in New York, in Paris, in Milan. Travel all the time, have a huge walk-in closet, feel good and look good. :sparkles: How to achieve this dream?

8 Likes

Rating at taco bell.eating you sob phone

2 Likes

my dream is to be a psychiatrist! i really want to help people like me.
i also dream of having a hunky husband :wink:

4 Likes

In lieu of children, I always wanted to leave some sort of intellectual or cultural legacy that will outlive me. I’m a bit too discouraged by the futility of it all to get in gear with that.

2 Likes

When I was younger a lot had to do with basketball. When I was in the military I wanted to be a commando. I guess they were unrealistic. Now I just want to work at a psych ward. Hopefully that is realistic.

3 Likes

I dream of one day writing and illustrating my own book or graphic novel, and having it published.

I also dream fo financial security/stability/independence.

Bot goals can be achieved with hard work from me, and some help from my safety net.

I think in order to achieve our dreams, we need to set many little part-goals that we try to achieve. It might not be a straight path there, and it’s important to map out what we’ll need to accomplish, and then work towards accomplishing those things.

5 Likes

My dream is to meet a cool lady to kick it with :slight_smile: and hopefully more.

It would be pretty rad to have a lady-friend to go thrift store shopping with.

This I :pray: for.

4 Likes

lady, lady-friend? Or do you mean girlfriend? Best of luck to ya dude!

1 Like

Thank you!

At first, probably just a friend. But ya never know what the future holds. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very true. But you want to find a woman where the odds are in your favor. A place such College, University or some educational institute.

1 Like

I agree. Because at places like a college or an educational institute a lot of men can appear very attractive to ladies because they’re working on a goal.

1 Like

I think there will be equally attractive women and handsome men at College. School is the best place to learn and mingle with the opposite sex.

1 Like

Rob, steal, cheat, lie. But do them all nicely.

3 Likes

I would like to have a normal schedule and do volunteer work in the short term. In the long term, I’d like to work full-time, buy a home, and have a good savings account for emergencies and retirement. More than anything, I’d love to see all three of my kids graduate college and go on to be happy and successful with families of their own (and still stay close to home!).

3 Likes

I dream of making a million dollars with my business. I also dream of staying where I am living and not having to move out due to shortage of funds. I dream of growing old gracefully and with physical health and my mind about me.

4 Likes

I have a few short term dreams. I’d like to go out to dinner with many of my friends after work using my own money. I’d like to go to women’s support group after my shift and just talk about life. I’d like to save money for a car and a coding bootcamp and a trip to Japan. One day I would like to have a more stressful job that pays well. I want to live a healthy life and watch some tv and do some exercising many times a week. I want to visit China next year a better person for all my family to see. I want to loose weight and wear nice clothes to the mall once in a while. I wanna do what normal people my age do like bake and see friends and hike and network and paint. In other words within reason I would like to live a life where I’m not afraid to want better things because my illness held me back.

2 Likes

Who is to stop us from doing this stuff?

Except for maybe you, @77nick77. Sorry. The cops might stop you. :rofl:

1 Like

I have lost the luxury of dreaming about things long time ago. My dreams have been crushed so often in my lifetime.

1 Like

I just want a house and chick who appreciates the lifestyle I’m after… which is panning out to be typical techie variant on meso american values…

I also have moments where I really do just want a lot of money… Like one of those silent rich folk who keeps bailing people out of debt when they least expect it… not even sticking around enough for gratification…

So it as it was… and now it lays resolved and done…

Undo a bit of the burden the world carelessly throws on every new born who wasn’t adequately homed from the get go.

Like maybe not billionare rich… but perhaps like 100 million dollars rich… lol that’d be neat… I’d start building high end computers and then undercut the market… do as much of the work as I could myself and try to ripple people sense of how much those things could cost…

You are talking inflated prices most everywhere… They’ll pack in some good tech that seems mystifying at times… but they get wholesale pricing… and if they are well established they can develop more contracted price schemes from manufacturers…

I can do better… I know that to be true.

The only thing is starting a business is complicated… not in light of what’s obvious… but it’s a realm that feels plagued with implicit and unmentioned threats.

Legalities I mean… It’s a realm of potential legal scrutiny… and I shudder at the thought of bearing water under those loads.

Scratch all that… I just want an attorney.

2 Likes

I just want to have a job I enjoy that I’m good at and helps people. I want to give something to the world, preferably to the scientific community, and also maybe some creativity in the form of novels. I want to have my own place, a small house on several acres with trees. I want to have animal friends. I’d love to have a husband whom I feel very close to. Maybe we could even rent a tiny beach house annually. Be stable mental health wise and be able to follow my natural sleep schedule. That’s my dream.

1 Like