Ok I will come clean. Have let you folks down

On Monday to Wednesday this week I halved my seroquel pills off my own back. I really want to lose weight you see and thought maybe I could cope on the 300mg seroquel.

Tuesday was great but since then things have gone downhill. By Thursday I was a paranoid/anxious mess so I resumed the full dose of quetiapine.

This morning I felt a bit like I wanted to end it all because I felt so ■■■■. My sleep hours were all messaged up to.

Am on the mend now I think but the whole process was one step forward - two steps back

7 Likes

No shame. At least you were able to recognize you needed to go back on the full dose. Good for you.

4 Likes

I recommend Lurisadone, Haloperidol or Amisulpride for weight neutral/loss.

I have been on these three for three years now, and I have lost weight on Lurisadone, and stayed neutral on the others.

I understand how you feel. I had this with Olanzapine, and I came off and ended up in hospital. I don’t want that to happen to you @anon94176359

Switching meds is the best thing you can do if you don’t like side effects. There is nothing wrong with that. It may be a bumpy road, but putting on loads of weight isn’t good for you either!

I put on 35 kilos on Olanzapine!

2 Likes

Mate. You worry me as I’m a fan of your work!

Only way to lose that weight is some serious hard work. It’s eating and exercise and you can do that. I was an unmotivated bmi obese person and I just had enough of feeling like that but I did it the right way. You can too.

Take it slow and put in some work the hard way. It’ll pay off!

4 Likes

No worries, I’ve done this before. Please take medicine as prescribed!
Sending you love and kindness!

1 Like

Don’t feel bad. I think we all get frustrated with the meds and want to quit or reduce sometimes. You had enough good sense to get back on your previous dose when you got symptoms. That’s good. In the future, if you want to reduce the meds, just make a plan with your doctor and do it slowly.

Also, have you tried calorie counting with an app? It’s a lot simpler than doing it manually.

2 Likes

I drink protein shakes as meals. Lost 18 lbs so far.

1 Like

try fluphenazine…I eat small meals usually every day and I am almost below 200 pounds now…it’s generic prolixin. I take 10 mg twice a day.

1 Like