Oh god please help me be a better person

I just want to be a better person. Not better than anybody else just better than I was yesterday. Just some movement in the right direction. Some small change. Just do a little more. Just help people a little more. Give back a little something. I try. I swear to god I do. I just get so tired and I feel like I can’t go on. I just want to do better each day and I can’t seem to find the strength. Why does it have to be like this?

4 Likes

Hey, leaf. You seem like a good person to me. But you’re right - everybody can improve. I believe in you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I feel for you. Yes, being nice or kind is tiring but I see most interactions with people as opportunities to be nice. No one is going to fault you for being deliberately nice. My mother once told me., “Never be afraid to do something nice for someone.”

3 Likes

You seem to be a lovely person. Part of being better is the want to improve. We can only be better by always working to be better. That’s all there is to it. You’ ll never finish because that’s the point, continued betterment. Don’t be down on yourself, you’re already doing the good work.

2 Likes

You seem kind. I think you are quite okay as you are, or that is my impression here on the forum.

I kind of share your wish to be a better person though, so that i understand.

1 Like

I understand what you mean. I struggle with inactivity that makes me sad and angry at myself. I hope we both find a solution. I always appreciate your kind words on here. You are important. Sending you warm wishes :hibiscus::cherry_blossom::blossom:

1 Like

I need to develop in terms of being more sociable. I have been wondering how people can improve themselves. I think it takes reflection and effort (like you are doing) and feedback. But be careful that your drive to improve is not a form of self deprecation.

1 Like

That’s an odd concern. I’d be more concerned with whether or not I’m having enough fun! Give yourself a break. Requiring more of yourself every day is going to result in you hitting your limit at some point, that’s not a sustainable longterm model.

Hope you are doing well and having fun! Best wishes. I think you’re a great person.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.