Now I remember wanting to get married and failing to

It surely did knock the wind out of my sails.

1 Like

donā€™t worry, weā€™re in the same boat.
ahoy matey!

Wanting to get married and failing, isnā€™t it better than getting married and failing?

1 Like

I wanted to get married in my early 20s. I never got married though. Getting married is one thing, getting married to the right person is anither thing.

2 Likes

Getting married is no guarantee youā€™re going to being happy, for sure.

I married a Borderline Psychopath.
It ended in a very Dramatic Divorce.
Ten years of pure commotion and Chaos.
Glad that itā€™s over!

1 Like

I feel for ya @Wave, I spent 25 years with an undxā€™d man that swirled my world into the last 15 years of deepest misery.
Wouldnā€™t you think that would have sworn me off marriage?
Somehow I met the man that is the most compatable with my values and sense of humor, and well, gosh, this sure is fun this time.
Strange but true if you donā€™t give up on others.

2 Likes

In my opinion you donā€™t need another person to complete you, being married isnā€™t the be all and end all! :slight_smile:ļø Youā€™re perfect as you are, married or not married!

2 Likes

No, marriage isnā€™t the making one from two, at least never in my book.
Itā€™s about two individuals joining each other to complement each other.
I was an individual before my marriage, and Iā€™m still an individual after Iā€™m married, him too.

The secret to a successful marriage is all in how well you both can forgive.

1 Like

I was watching a youtuber the other day whoā€™s getting married.
the dudeā€™s getting married before me.
lol lol lol

Iā€™m 58, and I never got married and had kids. I like kids, but not having them gives a person a lot more freedom. Having kids brings a lot of worries with it. If they had a car youā€™d be worried about how they were driving. Youā€™d have to worry about them taking drugs and alcohol. Youā€™d have to worry about them performing dangerous stunts. They might not be grateful. Thereā€™s lots of things that can go wrong with kids.

Iā€™ve been married and divorced, but Iā€™m not turned off on marriage. If I ever find the right woman, and it all just feels right, I would do it again. I had thoughts of marrying my ex-gf, we were together for two years, but that would have been a disaster.

I feel like wanting to get married is putting the cart before the horse. At least for me. First I would need to find someone I would want to marry, and could live with day to day. My mental illness makes cohabiting difficult. I have loved people very deeply though, especially my first love.

I thought I found someone I might want to marry, and Iā€™m in a relationship with him now, but now he hates me and wants me to die. It would be a pretty bad idea to marry him.

I was I in a marriage with a man I loved very much but he was controlling and emotionally abusive. It lasted 12 years. Sometimes marriage isnā€™t the fairy tale.
As far as now, I am on SSDI, live with my 76 year old father and I am highly delusional. I ā€˜liveā€™ in a fake world where I am being controlled and monitored. That would be very, very difficult for any man to deal with. Factor that in with the fact that I am attracted to someone about once every year or two and my having a very low sex drive and well, lol, it likely ainā€™t gonna happen! and I donā€™t kid myself about that.
Nothing wrong with being single! Nothin at all. It just wasnā€™t in the cards for you and thatā€™s OK. marriage isnā€™t the be all end all.