Abilify and Sleeping problems

My sleep has been just ridiculously bad lately. I was having a hard time staying awake during the day so I started taking caffeine pills. Now, even if I stop taking caffeine pills early in the day, I still end up not able to sleep at night.

I both can’t get to sleep at the proper time and when I do get to sleep I sleep too long, further pushing my sleeping schedule out of wack.

Just wondering if others on Abilify have either insomnia or side effects of sleeping too much or both.

My sleep was normal on Abilify but I read here that some have insomnia and anxiety due to Abilify.

1 Like

Yea I can’t sleep through the whole night on abilify. I tend to wake up between 2 and 4 am.most days. Sort of annoying.

1 Like

I only lasted 4 days on Abilify. Could not sleep on it.

4 Likes

Maybe it has something to do with when you take your meds? If I recall right it is possible to take abilify in the morning or in the evening, or both.

1 Like

I take mine at night. Maybe if they are causing insomnia in the morning might be better? IDK.

I don’t know either, I only lasted 1 day on abilify, but I recall it worked stimulating rather than sedating on me. You could try changing up and see if it helps your sleep. Maybe discuss it with your doctor.

1 Like

I had bad sleep with abilify

2 Likes

You must be patient and wait until your sleep cycle improves