Not able to sleep after AP reduction

My body is used to the sedation of higher doses to fall asleep, 6mg, now on 3mg risperidone. Usually I sleep at 11:30pm, now its 12:22pm and still dont feel sleepy. I hope its temporary.

2 Likes

Welcome to the realm of the night owls. I am all over the place with sleep myself. I sleep too much lately. Sleep during the day a lot, especially after eating. And still get a fair amount of sleep at night.

I’m trying to mitigate my lack of energy by exercising and hopefully eventually giving myself more energy.

Maybe you could try doing things that wear you out during the day to help you sleep? IDK. If it doesnt resolve itself, theres always sleep med options too, I guess.

1 Like

I still sleep during the day sometimes, an hour nap. I think I will stop listening to music now as its probably not helping.

1 Like

Still up out west, but it’s back pain in my case.

1 Like

Careful, insomnia is the first indicator that psychosis is coming back

1 Like

Or that it’s 24C in here, I’m miserably hot, and I can’t find a position that doesn’t send splinters of agony up my back. @Bowens will attest to the fact that I’m up a lot.

2 Likes

It will take time

When I first got a taste of being awake again after Olanzapine, it took a while for things like sleep to settle down

1 Like

Attests to the fact and prepares for sleep himself

1 Like

Actually I fell asleep after stopping the music, after 5min lol Anyways I thought reducing my dose would fix the sleep apnea my Dr gave me a test to as he suspect I have it. I am still waking up twice during the night like I did on higher dose. My Dr thinks I will have more energy if I treat my sleep apnea. I didn’t do the test as I didn’t want to sleep with a CPAP machine. Now I think its time to do it, I just prepared the test paper.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.