I would like to hear your insomnia recovery experience if at all possible

I am STRUGGLING y’all! It’s been almost 2 months off risperidone and I’m still battling horrible insomnia. I need to hear positive stories of y’all having insomnia & it getting better. I’ve mentioned before nothing works for it. I’ve tried everything. Benzos, OTC, seroquel, Trazodone nothing. My nurse practitioner said she doesn’t know if my sleep will improve. That isn’t keeping me very hopeful. Right now I’m on Geodon & I think its starting to make my sleep worse after a month and a half being on it.

5 Likes

It might improve over time. Be patient.

2 Likes

Thank you. My psych nurse wasn’t saying that so it’s been worrying me

1 Like

Clozapine is the king of sedation, people sleep 16h on it I read but it requires blood tests so I refused it.

2 Likes

Yeah I won’t be taking that plus I don’t think it will sedate me. For some reason the risperidone has blocked me feeling sedatives. I can’t even feel the effects of drinking alcohol anymore & that would put me out 100%. Straight vodka & whiskey were my drinks of choice & now it’s like drinking water or juice. I feel nothing

1 Like

No problem! I have trouble falling asleep myself but once I eventually do I sleep 11-12 hours. I’m on olanzapine.

You’ll be fine.

1 Like

I had withdrawal symptoms from clozapine that were horrible and for a long time they couldn’t explain them. So ask for knowledge of withdrawal symptoms to your chagrin.

2 Likes

Did you notice no improvement in sleep at all when going off risperidone and over to geodon?

1 Like

Did you experience insomnia coming off the clozapine? What were your withdrawal symptoms?

Maybe Ask for a sleeping tablet to curb the insomnia until you get used to been off it

2 Likes

I’m on 11mg risperidone and 20mg abilify. Tbh I think it works but some days are harder than others

1 Like

I had 2 days where I’ve slept pretty decently & that was around January 1st & 2nd. Since then I haven’t slept hardly at all. I can sleep but it’s not great. About 2 hours at a time & then I’m up for a few hours

Did you do a sleep study?

1 Like

I was like that for a long time on it too. If its keeping you well I’d say stay on it

1 Like

I’ve tried sleeping aids but they haven’t worked even the prescription strength pills & benzos.

Don’t drink with them ffs

I don’t drink with sleeping pills

The only thing, I think that will work is if you go back on a low dose. Your body needs it to sleep now unfortunately

I haven’t had a sleep study no. I don’t have insurance right now

1 Like

It’s not withdrawal insomnia. I developed insomnia while on risperidone. I had to get off of it because I wasn’t sleeping at all

2 Likes