Nostalgia moments!

Ive been thinking of those happy moments before I got SZ.

I can remember being so happy and content.

I keep having these smells, thoughts and songs about my past.

It makes me happy and sad at the same time.

Is it healthy to try tap into your past to remember these feelings or is it better off forgetting them as it might make someone depressed ?

Kind regards

Walafish

2 Likes

I think it’s good to look back on the happy times-- lets you remember that they existed, and that’s kinda where the joy is. They happened, and you got to be a part of it all.

It’s tough to move past the point of wishing they would happen again, and the fact that things aren’t the same anymore can make anyone feel blue about it all-- but sometimes that can leave us closed off to any good times in the future, because we’re so keen on how the past was.

Personally, I’m learning how to remember those happy times in the past and be thankful for them. I might not get to re-live them in exactly the same way, but they’re a part of me and the person I still am inside-- so in a sense, they’ve never left.

Hope all’s well, @anon39015889! :v: :+1:

1 Like

That’s a hard question. I think we need to remember the past to some degree to give us something to look forward to. Some hope of what things can be like. But I see your point that it can be depressing if we can never achieve those feelings again. I don’t know, It’s bittersweet but I say I we hold on to the good times and pray there are more good times to come.

2 Likes

Thanks for that nice reply Tuna fish !

It just makes me feel like ive lost myself and ive gone down the wrong path.

must be the SZ.

Hope u having a kickass day @Schztuna

1 Like

Do u reckon i should start yoga?

Is it really worth it ?

1 Like

Anytime Walla! :slightly_smiling_face:

Know what you mean-- I think this illness causes us to go through a massive shift within ourselves, aside from simply growing older, like how most people do. It’s tough to get back to the person we once were after such a big shock to the system, as well as the after-effects-- but I think positive memories of ourselves and how we used to be can help us get some of it back.

Yoga is really great, Walla. Good for a quieter mind, and flexibility for sure-- if you’re on the fence about going to a studio, you can try it at home too. This channel has tons of videos:

Wish you the best with it! :+1: Hope your day is a great one! :smiley:

1 Like

Lol i reckon ill try the home version first hey.

I tried aqua aerobics lol. Was tough rofl

Yea u right, the body does take a heavy hit.

I just get into two minds when thinking about the past. Either have this amazing beautiful feeling or else this sad ass one.

:black_heart: :black_heart:

1 Like

Aqua aerobics is no joke! :sweat_smile: That’s awesome trying something new :+1:

No worries, it happens to the best of us for sure. Nostalgia is bittersweet like that :upside_down_face:

Let us know how you make out with the yoga-- no pressure or anything :+1:

PS-- this video is really calming. Like to do it before bed, or when I need to chill out:

1 Like

Cool, but if i break my leg its your fault hey :v: :rofl:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.